X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Some non-spoiler thoughts:

We've all heard the reports of revisions and reshot endings. What we finally ended up with is a very hit and miss movie (more miss than hit).
    One or two pretty good moments, and a lot of mediocre and truly bad ones.

The first twenty minutes are certainly the best of the film. The de-ageing is mostly consistent and pretty effective.

Phoebe Waller-Bridges's character is thoroughly unlikeable, and gets way too much screen time.
    Indy often seems like a secondary/supporting character in his own movie.

As with Lucasfilm's other efforts at continuing beloved franchises, it does a great disservice to the legacy characters.

The film also has some pacing problems and it could have been tightened up somewhat in the editing room.
    Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jul 1, '23, 10:58 AM.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

For what it’s worth, Indiana Jones finished its Thursday night preview with seven million dollars, a full two million behind the Flash. And the Flash has (rightly) been an unmitigated disaster at the box office.

I don’t know if this will hold throughout the weekend, but certainly not a good start so far, especially for the most expensive movie ever made.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

With any luck, this might hasten KK's exit.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
          With any luck, this might hasten KK's exit.
          The rumors have long been that Indy had to make money or she was out the door. With Disney having lost nearly a billion dollars on their last 10 movies, Indy is looking to keep that streak alive. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that this will finally be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

Though at this point I think the damage is done. Disney is a toxic brand now to everyone but their most ardent shills, and they’ve burned too many bridges with families as well as fandom. They’ve butchered most, if not all, of their major IPs with their hair-brained buffoonery. Even the Mandalorian, which was the closest they’ve come to sniffing success in years, had a terrible third season as far as ratings go. Marvel, like Star Wars, is another dead brand, as the Marvels will soon prove.

I honestly don’t know what Disney will do at this point, even if they do fire Kathleen Kennedy. Tap Kevin Fiege to run Lucasfilm? LOL.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Last Crusade, Raiders, Crystal Skull, Dial of Destiny, Temple of Doom.

That's where the series rates for me.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by B-Lister
              Last Crusade, Raiders, Crystal Skull, Dial of Destiny, Temple of Doom.

That's where the series rates for me.

For me it's Raiders, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade, Crystal Skull, Dial of Destiny.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

i plan on going in a week or so. i really don't care what critics or other people think, i love the character and will judge for myself

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

What exactly,will getting rid of Kennedy do? That's only on the Lucasfilm side of things,not Disney overall.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

Yesterday we took my parents to the watch Indy. To get prepared they have rewatched the past movies all week. My parents (70's) loved it and thought it was as good as the rest of the series. My boyfriend (who also had to watch the past movies because he wasn't born yet) loved it and they all said it was a nice final movie with Indy.

Now I have seen all the Indy movies, tv series, read the comic books and even some of the books and I thought the movie fit in with the rest and put the cap on the franchise nicely. The only negative remark I would say is how is that man walking around and doing that stuff at his age, I had to give up my globe trotting years ago
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

For me it's Raiders, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade, Crystal Skull, Dial of Destiny.
                      Raiders / Crusade / Temple for me.

Comment

• Dannyc
                        • Feb 6, 2023

That's the order I have them in too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

My family and I really enjoyed it. Our hometown theater was packed on a Sunday afternoon. My rankings are Raiders/Cruasade/Dial/Skull/Temple. I really dislike the mean-spirited tone of Temple, and Willie. She's nearly unbearable.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

Could pretty much just copy what Earth 2 Chris just said. Exactly my opinion and rankings.

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

Temple of Doom is unwatchable. Complete garbage.
                              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• B-Lister
                                Eccentric Weirdo
                                • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                                What exactly,will getting rid of Kennedy do? That's only on the Lucasfilm side of things,not Disney overall.
                                Nothing. It's just sexism. They don't think a WOMAN deserves the right to play in their 80s toy box.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎