Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KnightDetective
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 31, 2012

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was the last movie I saw in a theater, just before we lost the last classic mom and pop theater in the region. I had hoped this one might mark my return, but with all the rumors I think I'll wait to read some reviews. No interest in seeing yet another favorite sullied by modern filmmakers.

Fun fact: That same theater was where Jurassic Park was suddenly more immersive because the roof directly in front of the screen started leaking copiously during the storm scene, real life thunder too, right on cue! And yes, the show went on! Better than surround sound and 3d! Well, maybe not for the folks in the front row...!

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      reviews i have read so far are slamming it. i don't really care what the critics think, but it is still disheartening to hear. i for one plan on actually putting my butt in a theater to watch it
      Critics generally treat Disney with kid gloves. It makes you wonder how terrible this film has to be when even the Disney shills are trashing it. Seriously, what’s the last Disney movie that had a rotten score on Rotten Tomatoes?

Of course, they’re already in damage control. The 40% rotten score has already been pushed up to 52%, and I’m sure they’ll circle the wagons to get it up to 60% by release day, but you still have to wonder how bad it is for this to have happened in the first place.

Well, actually I know, but the general audience won’t know what a dumpster fire this is until they see it on the big screen.

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

I don't give a crap about reviews and ratings on Rotten Tomatoes anymore. In my opinion I feel it's systematically broken.

I enjoy going to the movies, and I will go see this one. I really hope it's good, and will be disappointed if it isn't, but will move on.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by drquest
          I don't give a crap about reviews and ratings on Rotten Tomatoes anymore. In my opinion I feel it's systematically broken.

I enjoy going to the movies, and I will go see this one. I really hope it's good, and will be disappointed if it isn't, but will move on.
          I don’t care about critics either. In fact, nowadays I generally consider a bad critic score to be a fairly reliable way to determine what is good, but that doesn’t change the fact that a Disney movie getting trashed by critics is less common than discovering a unicorn.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

I’ll watch it when it’s streaming.

I don’t go to the movie theater anymore. I have a brand new awesome fiat screen with superior picture quality than the theater projection screen and 5.1 surround sound bar. My homemade popcorn is superior to the stale theater one…and my sodas are way colder with actual carbonation. No screaming kids, no crying infants, no rude people, no talking from annoying strangers, no weed smokers, no 7-footers sitting in front of you, no fighting for parking, etc.

Sorry, it’s a new world order…

I still support the movies. I’ll gladly fork out $20 to stream a brand new movie at home, I do it all the time, no problem.

P.S. I don’t care about critics either. I’m the one who decides if the movie is good or bad.
            sigpic

Comment

• KnightDetective
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
              I don’t go to the movie theater anymore. I have a brand new awesome fiat screen with superior picture quality than the theater projection screen and 5.1 surround sound bar. My homemade popcorn is superior to the stale theater one…and my sodas are way colder with actual carbonation. No screaming kids, no crying infants, no rude people, no talking from annoying strangers, no weed smokers, no 7-footers sitting in front of you, no fighting for parking, etc.
              Living the dream!

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by KnightDetective
                Living the dream!
                sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                  I know a lot of people cite Last Crusade as their favourite of the trilogy. I've never fully understood that.
                  To me, it always felt like "Indy lite", lacking the tough, two-fisted grit of Raiders and the wild, frenetic darkness of Temple of Doom.
                  A decidedly underwhelming third installment.
                  I guess people just loved Last Crusade's generally lighter tone and the father-son dynamic of Henry and Indy.
                  I liked it because we got more of Marcus Brody.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    I liked it because we got more of Marcus Brody.
                    We did, but they presented him as a buffoonish, comedy relief kind of character, which in my opinion did him a disservice.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Temple of Doom is just an awful film. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull outdoes it in every way.
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by B-Lister
                        Temple of Doom is just an awful film. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull outdoes it in every way.
                        LOL. Okay.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

"Are you trying to develop a sense of humour, or am I going deaf?"
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• warlock664
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 15, 2009

Oh wait, you’re serious?

Comment

• Goblin19
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 2, 2002

I somewhat agree. Never liked Temple of Doom, but don’t think it’s terrible. I do slightly prefer Crystal Skull. Temple of Doom is just so ugly and mean spirited.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                                Banned
                                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Goblin19
                                I somewhat agree. Never liked Temple of Doom, but don’t think it’s terrible. I do slightly prefer Crystal Skull. Temple of Doom is just so ugly and mean spirited.
                                How was TOD ugly or mean spirited? Dark, yes. Ugly and mean spirited? Never heard that take before. What makes you say that?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎