• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny trailer

I think it looks good.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

I have high hopes, but yes the trailer looks good.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm sold!
      sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

I think I am old enough that the sentiment of the voice-overs evokes some "feels".

This looks like it'll be good.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i think it looks fantastic. the de-aged Indy in the flashback looked pretty damn good. not so sure i like the title, though maybe that will change once i know what the Dial is. i know a lot of people hate Crystal Skull, but i always loved it, goofy parts and all. i do hope that Dial is better received though so he goes out on a high note

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Crystal Skull really didn't do the franchise any favors, hope this can be good....
            Last edited by drquest; Dec 5, '22, 6:18 PM.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              i know a lot of people hate Crystal Skull, but i always loved it, goofy parts and all.
              I have no problem with Crystal Skull and I loved the return of Marion.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• YoungOnce
                Career Member
                • Aug 29, 2007

Man I am so pumped for this. Put me in that camp of being fine with Crystal Skull too.

I think it's worst fault was that the CGI slightly changed the vibe. There's just something about practical effects and real sets that creates its own vibe.

And too, enabled by the ability granted by CGI, we got scenes like the "Tarzan and the monkeys" scene and all the spaceship, other-dimension stuff at the end.

So far, a bad Indian Jones movie is still better than 90% of everything else.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by YoungOnce
                  Man I am so pumped for this. Put me in that camp of being fine with Crystal Skull too.

I think it's worst fault was that the CGI slightly changed the vibe. There's just something about practical effects and real sets that creates its own vibe.

And too, enabled by the ability granted by CGI, we got scenes like the "Tarzan and the monkeys" scene and all the spaceship, other-dimension stuff at the end.

So far, a bad Indian Jones movie is still better than 90% of everything else.
                  Don’t get your hopes up. What they do to Indy in this one will make their treatment of Luke, Han, and Leia in Disney’s Star Wars sequels look respectful by comparison.

The cultural vandals at Disney are going to top even themselves with this one. Sadly, I will not be seeing this. For me, there will only ever be three Indiana Jones films.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Well, the latest news about the Indy franchise is not making it look very good for the movie. The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles is being changed. Old man Indy has been removed from the streaming shows. No longer narrating the episodes. Take that as you will...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      Well, the latest news about the Indy franchise is not making it look very good for the movie. The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles is being changed. Old man Indy has been removed from the streaming shows. No longer narrating the episodes. Take that as you will...
                      The removal of the old Indy framing sequences/narrations happened years ago, for the home video releases of the series, if I remember correctly.
                      It's not a recent change.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, old man Indy was cut out decades ago

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Those were cut way back in 99. The VHS releases don't even have them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^I didn't realize they had ever cut them. I have mixed feelings about that show. I wanted to like it, but the episodes with really young Indy were, to my teenage mind, very boring and overly educational without being entertaining. I liked the teen Indy episodes well enough. I thought Old Indy was probably a bit too goofy and boxing them in, but I enjoyed the one-off appearance of Ford, of course.

I liked Crystal Skull well enough. Having rewatched the movies again recently, tonally I think Crystal Skull fits into the franchise better than the mean-spirited and nasty Temple of Doom. Yes, Crystal Skull has a few too many goofy indulgences, but Temple of Doom almost seems to be from a knock-off Indy movie. I know I'm not the first person to say that.
                            sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

Temple of Doom was almost a horror movie, and had a different tone than Raiders. But I've said this before, the cold opening sequence is one of my favorite scenes of all time. There's so much packed in just a few minutes. So much backstory was tossed at the screen with no explanation and just made for a great setup. I wanted to see the story of Nurhachi and how that all went down, and Indy's friend that(Spoiler) died within those few minutes as well.
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡