Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego World’s Greatest Superheroes Reissues (Mint off Card)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego World’s Greatest Superheroes Reissues (Mint off Card)

Mint off Card looks at the latest from Mego Corp, the 50th Anniversary Mego Worlds Greatest Superheroes! Batman! Superman! Robin! How do they stack up against our childhood originals? See for yourself in this very special episode. New to the channel? Subscribe! ?https://bit.ly/3D3zxJK

More...
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Great video Brian! Enjoyed seeing the originals next to these new ones. Really illustrates how well done they are. And I agree the packaging just helps bring these home to that warm fuzzy nostalgic feeling that few reproductions ever come close to achieving. Nothing beats that classic Mego artwork.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I was already excited for these, but with this video, I'm waiting at my mailbox for them. Great job as always!
      sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Great video giving me the warm fuzzies, reminding me of the day I first saw these in K-Mart oh so long ago. Seeing then next to the originals does drive home how much care was taken here to replicate what came before. I will say, though, the mask for both of the Dynamic Duo are improved over the originals while still invoking them. Robin's is looking more durable and solid, and the Bat mask is outright amazing. It looks good on the figure, period, not just as an accurate tribute, but in general. It's likely the best example of a removable cowl type mask on an action figure I've seen.

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 5, 2015

A very good video there. Got the memories as like a 7 or 8-year-old visiting Child World in Westport, CT with my dad getting the last of the original line of some of the figures, namely SHAZAM! This, dare I say, reboot line is a transporting back to those days in the 1970's. I say reboot due to the new figures having far more articulation and have been built with quality care and a little bit of from what I have seen some TLC .

Also remember Sol's toys in Stamford, CT back in the day.

These stores are now gone.

By the way, I checked my two Walmart stores in Norwalk online...NO MEGOS!

So Amazon...here I come!
          Last edited by Robert_Anthony; Dec 1, '22, 1:03 PM.

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Thanks so much for the video Brian!
            I’m getting these anyway, but it’s great to see the reissues next to a vintage figure!
            I truly appreciate the effort!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎