X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

WGSH 50th Batman Pictures

I finally found a moment to open my two 50th Batmans. I only meant to open one, but... I will explain...

First, here is a shot of Batman, with Cowl:
    Mego 50th Batman Front Cowl.jpg

...and without:
    Mego 50th Batman Front No Mask.jpg

And the back:
    Mego 50th Batman Back.jpg

I have a FTC Repro Batman on display, moved to a Type S body with a vinyl cape and using a Doc Mego Cowl -- the FTC Cowl is hard and more like a helmet, so I swapped it. Here they are side-by-side:
    Mego 50th Batman & FTC Type S Cowls.jpg

And unmasked (that FTC Bruce Wayne head... WOOF!):
    Mego 50th Batman & FTC Type S No Mask.jpg

More on Batman in the next post...
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

When I opened the first Batman, it was dicey trying to find the elbow joints. I found the left elbow and moved it gently to loosen it. The right elbow, I was sure that I found it, but it did not want to move. I gave it a little force and it finally moved, but it is very tight and I don't feel overly confident that it will not break. The second Batman that I opened had the elbows and knees facing in the right direction and moved with ease.

But the reason I opened Batman #2 is because I noticed how the shape of the cowl was at the nose on #1. #2's cowl looked better, so I wanted to try it. It's a little more even, but the cowls fit better on the orginal figure it came with, which I found odd. This is Cowl #1:
    Mego 50th Batman Cowl.jpg

It's too bad that the gloves are so wrinkled and that the plastic "ties" leave a initial mark on the suit -- I hate that. I can't quite get the belt to stay over the top of the trunks, but points to Mego for having a good cut on the trunks. Sometimes Batman looks like he is wearing bikini briefs, or in the case of the Mattel Batman, a bad thong. This outfit, from body suit to cape & boots, are great. The blues are perfect and that Bruce Wayne head and tan, well, are also perfect. But I still feel like using stickers was a miss.

I am glad to have this. But as I re-read what I wrote, I miss my innocence as a kid where NONE of what I wrote mattered, outside of the elbow joints.

Next up will be Robin, hopefully soon.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎