• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Disney's Strange World

strange world.jpg

After a horrible long Thanksgiving weekend, boyfriend & I went to the theater to just relax and watch a movie that I did not have to pay attention to every detail to (comic book movies). So we watched Disney's Strange World:

The legendary Clades are a family of explorers whose differences threaten to topple their latest and most crucial mission.
    We went for the afternoon showing and the kids were in school, so we had the theater to ourselves. We both liked it. The art work is amazing in the movie as the explore the different 'worlds". I liked the call back of the game, either oragan trail or Catan. Yeah, its part of the Disney no villain movie, but it deals with family problems. Now would this have been better as a Disney+ movie, yes. The movie is based on an old world tale of where they live. It is more of an eco-movie than anything else.

Yes, the son/grandson is gay and nobody in the movie has a problem with it. If that is your reason for not seeing this movie that more of a you problem. Before you talk bad about a movie maybe you should watch it first.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

I have not felt a pull to watch this movie or any of the Marvel movies since Endgame or really much of anything from the Mouse in a while. It isn't a gay thing or a race thing for me. I don't even have a specific reason for it beyond it just not making me want to get up and go see it. Maybe it's a money thing. I feel like I spend way too much monthly on entertainment due to cable/internet and streaming services that paying close to 20 bucks per ticket to watch a movie that I can see free in a month just doesn't excite me. I guess also neither of the kids asked to see it so there was no external push either.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

This I understand, normally if it's not a comic book movie I would wait till it came out on digital. I spent enough money on our home entertainment room to keep us happy.

Also Disney has stopped doing "Princess" movie and moved toward these other movies that would have played better on Disney+ instead of the theater.
      Last edited by monitor_ep; Nov 29, '22, 11:40 AM.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

This looks interesting, but I'd probably have held it back for Disney Plus as well. My daughter's birthday was this weekend, and she wasn't really interested in going through the trouble to see it in a theater, which is unusual. She just turned 15, so I guess my kids have aged out of a Disney film being a "must see" theatrical experience. That's mostly reserved for Super Hero films nowadays. Yes, we're part of the problem. ;-)
        sigpic

Comment

• KingKickass1983
          Career Member
          • Jan 19, 2019

The marketing for this movie was almost nonexistent...

Every article I saw about it seemed to really want to focus on the fact the main character is gay... which..ok, but what's it about?

The art reminds me of Hotel Transylvania.

I will watch it eventually... like, I'll pirate it somewhere.
          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Looks like a cute movie. But I stopped going to the theater long before covid. I think Phantom Menace was the last movie I saw. I'll check it out when it hits cable.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

I saw maybe 2 commercials for it and some promo spots where they were standing in a row looking...oddly bland. It looked more like the Croods in a way than it did anything else to me.

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

The look of it is quite great, but the story came up lacking for me in several places. Could have used a bit of tightening. Even though it’s not long, it was a bit unfocused and meandering st points. It just didn’t quite engage me throughout. Not bad, but just a bit disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎