X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Canadian Legend of the Lone Ranger two pack

To my surprise, I now am the proud owner of this, a Canadian “The Legend of the Lone Ranger” set of the Ranger and Silver by Gabriel Toys but distributed by Irwin Toys. Irwin was known as Kenner Canada and was a big deal around these parts. I don’t collect the Lone Ranger lines, but […]
    The post Canadian Legend of the Lone Ranger two pack appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Great get! I'm a fan of the film, despite the wooden lead. I have all the figures, and now all the horses except for Cavenish's Smoke.

I didn't have any of this line as a kid, as all I ever remember seeing was the historical figures and Cavendish. In the late 80s, cases full of Tontos showed up at our local Big Lots, but with no Lone Ranger, I still didn't bite. I regret that now!

I'm a sucker for a "gift set" like this, and that store-centric nostalgia is something I definitely find appealing these days!
    sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Ah, good old Consumers Distributing.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

A beautiful toy.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

the movie was weak but i loved the toys. had all of the figures back then but don't think i had the horses

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            the movie was weak but i loved the toys. had all of the figures back then but don't think i had the horses
            Same here, these were very cool toys but I never did have the horses either.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎