X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • puckace
    Museum Super Collector
    • Feb 5, 2009

Originally posted by Xavion2004
    Even if the corrections are made, and I’m sure they will be, I’m not completely sold. Reverse Flash wasn’t an original Mego, I wouldn’t consider him to be an obvious omission (like I would Lex Luthor), and he’s not a character I was pining away for as a kid.
    Agreed. Reverse Flash has become much more popular with recent media. As a kid in the seventies, I would have wanted a Captain Cold to go with a Mego Flash. That said, I'm definitely picking him up

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

With each 50th anniversary WGSH, they should counter with one arch villain for each of them in the near future, Luthor-Joker-Black Manta and Black Adam and Captain Cold just to name a few.

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by TrekStar
        With each 50th anniversary WGSH, they should counter with one arch villain for each of them in the near future, Luthor-Joker-Black Manta and Black Adam and Captain Cold just to name a few.
        At least one. Batman’s rogue gallery is so strong though you could probably even do 2 per Bat character.

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

Originally posted by TrekStar
          They tried one villan to one hero( with the Mattel retros) and the heroes sold out but the villans did'nt . I picked up most of the villans for 5 dollars each at Ross and TJ Maxx

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by wise guy
            They tried one villan to one hero( with the Mattel retros) and the heroes sold out but the villans did'nt . I picked up most of the villans for 5 dollars each at Ross and TJ Maxx
            Yep, I was thinking about Mattel on that one. I have all of those, but I admit, I will skip villains too, depending on my collecting intentions. Like, I have no idea what I am doing with the McFarlane Super Powers, so I haven't bought one villain from the line, just the Super-Heroes.

Comment

• zeedox
              Career Member
              • Aug 10, 2007

No Lex?

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Although I quite like Flash's goofy rogues gallery, they always had the baggage of just seemingly like non-threatening goobers or poor man's versions of Batman's foes. To me that was part of the charm, but to many Flash's foes looked like the kind of guys Batman could show up and beat up in 5 mins. With the exception of Grodd, who ended up getting more play once he was co-opted in Batman and JL stories.

In recent years Reverse Flash/Zoom have appeared to me like an attempt from DC to beef up Flash's rogues and make them a bit more substantive/threatening. And he's easy reuse for toy companies, so he almost always gets featured.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Reverse Flash was always my favorite Flash villain. If they make any more villains for the Flash, I'm glad Reverse Flash was first!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

In all fairness, Capt. Cold preceded Mr. Freeze (Zero). Freeze was a gimmicky C-lister until Batman: The Animated Series.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎