X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Reverse Flash

I hope they correct the Reverse Flash lightning bolt and make it red instead of yellow.

• thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

This one is an easy pass for me. Don’t like the box logo and the paint apps on the head. Along with the botched chest logo
    Last edited by thunderbolt; Nov 28, '22, 5:28 PM.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

This might be a prototype as opposed to a final version.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
        This might be a prototype as opposed to a final version.
        Almost certainly a prototype.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

This figure is underwhelming.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Hard to tell, but looks like he has black eyes with red pupils. If so, that's the modern Zoom, not Professor Zoom, the Reverse-Flash of the Silver and Bronze Age comics.

I'm betting this is a rushed prototype.
            sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

I don’t know about this one specifically, but WB sometimes comes back with notes that they want more modern takes on the characters. They may have asked for the black and red eyes for approval.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                I don’t know about this one specifically, but WB sometimes comes back with notes that they want more modern takes on the characters. They may have asked for the black and red eyes for approval.
                Yeah, that is always a solid theory, especially with characters that fall between the cracks like this.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Pretty sure that's a place holding mock-up using Barry's head. I wouldn't count on the finished product looking like this.

Comment

• Xavion2004
                    • Dec 15, 2022

Even if the corrections are made, and I’m sure they will be, I’m not completely sold. Reverse Flash wasn’t an original Mego, I wouldn’t consider him to be an obvious omission (like I would Lex Luthor), and he’s not a character I was pining away for as a kid.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Xavion2004
                      Even if the corrections are made, and I’m sure they will be, I’m not completely sold. Reverse Flash wasn’t an original Mego, I wouldn’t consider him to be an obvious omission (like I would Lex Luthor), and he’s not a character I was pining away for as a kid.
                      That is an interesting take, when I think about it though, at that time, I'm not sure I could name a Flash villain in the mid-70s. Maybe Captain Boomerang, maybe...
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

I always loved the opposite characters. Bonus with the Reverse Flash I can make Bizarro Flash!!
                        Bizarro Flash a.jpgBizarro Flash b.jpgBizarro Flash c.jpg
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
                          That is an interesting take, when I think about it though, at that time, I'm not sure I could name a Flash villain in the mid-70s. Maybe Captain Boomerang, maybe...
                          That's surprising to me. The Flash always get credited with having a great Rogues Gallery. But I was also an avid reader of The Flash comic, so I was very familiar with his Rogues.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Xavion2004
                            They aren’t just doing originals, otherwise we wouldn’t have Green Lantern.

As for Reverse Flash, I don’t think they ever released any Flash villains originally, so this is as good as any, and likely much cheaper for Mego to produce with the limited, if any, new tooling they’d have to do.

Hopefully later we get some other classic villains like Captain Cold and Sandman.

Comment

• Xavion2004
                              • Dec 15, 2022

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                              They aren’t just doing originals, otherwise we wouldn’t have Green Lantern.

As for Reverse Flash, I don’t think they ever released any Flash villains originally, so this is as good as any, and likely much cheaper for Mego to produce with the limited, if any, new tooling they’d have to do.

Hopefully later we get some other classic villains like Captain Cold and Sandman.
                              Oh, I just meant that Reverse Flash doesn’t check any of those three boxes for me personally.

For example, I was never crazy about the Mego Catwoman as a kid, but she was still an original Mego, so that’s a consideration when the WGSH 50th version comes out

I never had any real desire to have a Mego Lex Luthor as a kid, but he’s an obvious omission, so that’s a consideration if Mego releases him as a WGSH 50th figure.

Mary Marvel wasn’t an original Mego, and I wouldn’t call her an obvious omission, but I wanted a Mego of her in the worst way as a kid, so if she was released as a WGSH 50th, she would be a must buy. (As I mentioned elsewhere, my Mary love was heavily influenced by an early 7-11 Slurpee cup.)

Having said all that, I get it. These days, regardless of the line, a Reverse Flash is pretty much a given as soon as a Flash figure is released. There’s the obvious cost savings as you mentioned, plus Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash has become a far more important villain not only in Flash’s Rogues Gallery, but in the DC Universe as a whole since the 70s.

He’s just not a character that 1970s me would have been excited about, even if a Mego Flash had been previously released, but if 1970s me had a fat Mr. Mxyzptlk, 2020’s me will probably end up with a Reverse Flash.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎