X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert_Anthony
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 5, 2015

Originally posted by scott metzger
    Given the strong presence of the JSA in Black Adam and the Stargirl series, I think they are more in the pop culture spotlight than ever before. And McFarlane is bringing a very classic looking Jay Flash out in the near future, as well.
    Well, Stargirl just recently ended after its third season...a disappointment because it was a good show. But changes at the CW, thanks in part to new owner Nexstar and that the network is underwater financially, were among the factors for Stargirl to be cancelled after its last episode aired Wednesday.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Any word on future POTA releases? I remember hearing talk before that they had pretty big plans for this line, but haven’t heard anything recently. I hope sales for their other POTA stuff has been good enough to justify more figures, because MEGO was hitting home run after home run with that line.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by wise guy
        It does'nt say DC ,and 50 year could apply to WOZ, or any of the Mego figures from the 1970's . We already know Joker, Peguin , Rev. Flash and Riddler are next with the female figures
        Will the female figs be on the new body?

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

I want Mego to complete their Super Gals series and add Mera, Hawkwoman, Mary Mavel & Black Canary.

Super Gals.jpgAction Jackson & Super Gals.jpg
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

Mera needs a Mego for sure. Did they show a Black Canary at one time? Is she planned? and a modern Supergirl?

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
              Museum Patron
              • Aug 23, 2019

Can’t quite read the second image. Are they saying that the super gals are assisting Action Jackson? Is it from South America? In that case, they should have a bat woman figure. Have you seen that movie? Wowza! It’s from the late ‘60s same time as Batman was on tv.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Actually it would be cool to see the Super Gals get released, Catwoman technically wasn’t a Super Gal, she was a villainous but who’s counting.

What I would absolutely love to see is mego release an anniversary Jet Jungle for the folks here in the US.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

Am I the only one who would like to see a different revised Catwoman released? I get that people love the nostalgia of the old figs but I would love to see a classic version in her purple outfit instead.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                    Am I the only one who would like to see a different revised Catwoman released? I get that people love the nostalgia of the old figs but I would love to see a classic version in her purple outfit instead.
                    I wholeheartedly agree....Mego should've done a revised version of the Supergals...I never liked their heads; they look like Bullet heads. Batgirls' Cowl looks like something out of the Flinstones "Gazoo"...I wish they could make a more 80's or 90's version of the Supergals.
                    Last edited by Ivaniski; Dec 13, '22, 3:04 PM.

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                      Museum Patron
                      • Sep 5, 2015

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                      I wholeheartedly agree....Mego should've done a revised version of the Supergals...I never liked their heads; they look like Bullet heads. Batgirls' Cowl looks like something out of the Flinstones "Gazoo"...I wish they could make a more 80's or 90's version of the Supergals.
                      If it means Supergirl with the red skirt (like Helen Slater 1984), I am all for that, though the 70's hotpants outfit is one of my all-time faves. Heck, I'd even go for the TV show (Melissa Benoist...first 4 seasons. The pantsuit made her look like Superman in drag.)

There should be a modern-day version of Wonder Woman, maybe not the Gal Gadot movie version, but even I think the WW Mego 70's version seems very outdated and like she's wearing pajamas. I understand about the costume in the comics, the movies and even Lynda Carter on TV and how, well, cut, it is, but these figures are being made for adult collectors unlike the kids back in the day.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

The whole idea of this line is re-making the originals as close as possible with modern toy making techniques. Yeah, Catwoman only had that pirate costume for a very short time, and the purple dress is much more representative of how she looked for the majority of the Bronze Age, The points on the other gals are well taken, too, but that's for the main Mego DC line. This one is for recreating the 70's figures and adding characters that should have been as they likely would have been. And given that these figures seem to be selling out at all the places I usually go for Megos (especially Hal and Barry), I'd say Mego has hit a very marketable formula here, so I figure they are going to stick to it for the 50th stuff. That doesn't mean other versions can't be made in the main line, like The Batman. Those seem to sell well, too, so I see no reason not to expect more of that from Mego, as well.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

Well said Scott.

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jan 23, 2012

Scott is probably right, but despite Mego canceling their Catwoman figure early in her production run, there were still heaps and heaps of Catwoman figures available through the end of the 70’s and early 80’s. Very few people can look at the Mego Catwoman and quickly identify her as Catwoman, an otherwise iconic character. I hope new Mego makes an exception and gives us Mego Catwoman as she should have appeared in her iconic Bronze Age purple dress getup.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Gramercyplace
                              Scott is probably right, but despite Mego canceling their Catwoman figure early in her production run, there were still heaps and heaps of Catwoman figures available through the end of the 70’s and early 80’s. Very few people can look at the Mego Catwoman and quickly identify her as Catwoman, an otherwise iconic character. I hope new Mego makes an exception and gives us Mego Catwoman as she should have appeared in her iconic Bronze Age purple dress getup.
                              Mego loves variants of popular, well known characters, especially Bat related characters, and Catwoman definitely fits that description. I'm 100% sure we'll get the blue pirate boot costume like the original first up, but if the line does really well, I don't see a second, more iconic version as an impossibility.

Comment

• TheXFactor
                                Museum Patron
                                • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by Mejo
                                ↑ Not entirely true, as I also like Star Trek: The Animated Series but I consider that all part of the original 5-year mission!
                                I remember reading once- somewhere- that The Animated Series was considered the fourth year and the DC Comics series that ran from 1984-88 was supposed to be the fifth.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎