X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

RIP Jason David Frank

whatever personal demons he had, i hope he is at peace. So sad that he would take his own life. leaves behind a wife and 4 children
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

Sad news. Always liked him on the show. Mental health is such a damn tricky thing.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Yeah, Damien posted this on Facebook.

I only watched the original Rangers in the 90s. He was the most memorable one for sure. He was also a real fighter. He did have some actual MMA bouts.

This is sad. Just like the original Yellow Ranger, Thuy Trang, who died way back in 2001.

RIP
      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

He was a huge draw at Lexington Comic Con near me, and his presence and popularity turned it into a psuedo Power Rangers con. Every year more and more PR actors came. And he was usually there.

My son got into Power Rangers during the Dino Thunder era when Frank returned to the series, and subsequently went back and watched all the old shows.

It is indeed very sad that he was beloved by a huge fanbase of people, and I'm sure of course his family, but couldn't see past his own internal problems.
        sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

The hits just keep coming. God bless JDF and his family. I only heard good things about him behind the scenes.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
            Career Member
            • Jul 30, 2012

Reunited with fellow Power Ranger Thuy Trang who passed away in 2001 in the afterlife. I sure hope so.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Giving this a bump because I heard he was given a chance to be in the reunion show but said no. So now you have to wonder "what if?"
              Last edited by jwyblejr; Apr 23, '23, 7:59 AM.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

The Reunion show was incredible, but his absence was definitely felt.

Very heartfelt tribute at the end for he and Thuy, though. Go watch the Special. Very good tribute to the original series.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎