Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Yeah only those 3 have been released thus far.

I've always been puzzled by the pink box for Batman. I suspect it would hurt sales on pretty much any other character, but Batman is so strong that it didn't.

These vintage style boxes are iconic and look great.

Comment

• thatblockoguy
      • Mar 24, 2010

I think this was previously answered before but, now that these are available at retail, are the boxes sealed in some way or open like the originals and what are the chest decals made from?

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

mego50thWM.jpg
        Anyone know what the case pack on these is?

Wasn't planning on the 50th either, but those jelly bean boxes sucked me in. Hard to see in my pic, but there were 2 Bats, 2 Robins, and 3 Supes. I really dig the box format and it seems to fit well in the WM peg system. Some of the tag hangers were not very well stuck to the boxes, tho. I am guessing WM adds those on when they pull them from the case.
        I am guessing if someone else bought a set before I saw them, that they were packed 10 to the case with one extra Superman.

Also had a good batch of Horror there with 2 Medusa figures (that was the one I was actually looking to buy) and a bunch of the others.
        I stuck a Ghost Face and the hatchet guy up front before I left as that is what will get folks attention around here. Hopefully the local is happy with how fast these are moving and they will do more of these boxed figures.

Comment

• Jase
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 22, 2021

Found Superman, Batman, and Robin at the first Walmart I stopped at this morning. My order with Flash, Shazam, and Aquaman should be shipping in the next day or so from MoviePostersEtc, as they have everybody except Robin and Green Arrow in stock now.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by thatblockoguy
            I think this was previously answered before but, now that these are available at retail, are the boxes sealed in some way or open like the originals and what are the chest decals made from?
            Chest decals are just straight up stickers. Some have creases and bends already in the package.

The boxes are not sealed. The figures do have plastic ties keeping them locked into the inner cardboard tray.

The hanging plastic tabs can be easily removed as well. Eventually they may harden but for now, there is no issue pulling the plastic hanger tabs off without damaging the box.

Comment

• thatblockoguy
              • Mar 24, 2010

Originally posted by ODBJBG
              Chest decals are just straight up stickers. Some have creases and bends already in the package.

The boxes are not sealed. The figures do have plastic ties keeping them locked into the inner cardboard tray.

The hanging plastic tabs can be easily removed as well. Eventually they may harden but for now, there is no issue pulling the plastic hanger tabs off without damaging the box.
              Thanks

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

I pulled my hanger tabs off in the store. No damage at all. My Walmart had 4-5 of each, so it was pretty easy to find at least one good example of each figure.
                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

It isn't a big issue for Batman and Robin due to the oven mitts, but I'm not thrilled 100 percent by the Captain Action hands on Superman. I get that it is more versatile, better for holding accessories, but it just isn't completely right. It isn't bad necessarily, it just looks different without needing to look different. That's just my 5 cent opinion.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                    It isn't a big issue for Batman and Robin due to the oven mitts, but I'm not thrilled 100 percent by the Captain Action hands on Superman. I get that it is more versatile, better for holding accessories, but it just isn't completely right. It isn't bad necessarily, it just looks different without needing to look different. That's just my 5 cent opinion.
                    I was just looking at my Superman and thinking how much better I like the new hands...they have expression.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 29, 2018

That's why I specified it as my opinion. I like the hands that were used for the monsters. I liked that they were more suited to the character. When FTC used new hand styles for the 66 line I thought it was great because these were new figures. I just would have liked to have seen the original hands. Heck I would have been thrilled to have seen type 1 bodies.

Comment

• Jase
                        Museum Patron
                        • Sep 22, 2021

I prefer the original hands as well.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 27, 2007

I've had minty loose version of all of these for years, and a few in boxes. Yet I still ordered the set because Mego has done such a nice job with them. I'm really looking forward to getting them

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 29, 2018

I have the FTC figures too and I am just as happy with them honestly.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎