• Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Masters of the Universe Origins Wave 10 comparisons

Mini comic Trap Jaw.

muocomictj.JPG

I prefer the vintage toy looks to the mini comics colors, but he does look really good standing with the mini comics Tri-Klops
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Sun Man Digitino

muodigitino.JPG

Probably not the coolest looking of the Sun Man designs but he does get bonus points for the glow in the dark armor.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Vintage Whiplash vs Origins.

muowhiplash.JPG

The Origins figure looks fantastic but lacks the rubber tail and twist waist tail lashing action of the vintage figure.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Vintage King Randor vs Origins.

muorandor.JPG

Another fantastic update. The figure just looks awesome. The only downside is the re-used rubber cape from Keldor that lacks the medallions of the vintage fabric cape.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Teela and Zoar 2 pack

muozoar1.JPG

First up pony tail Teela.

Repaint of the first series Teela with a new head with a pony tail. Judging by the cobra sword the figure is probably an homage to the 2002 Teela. But it works just as well as an early mini comic Teela. I have to mention the 2002 Teela is a pain to stand. You basically have to balance her with her staff to keep her from tipping over.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Now for the biggest reason to buy the 2 pack, Zoar.

Vintage Zoar vs Origins.

muozoar2.JPG

At first glance you would think it was using the original Big Jim mold. It is really close. Normally vehicles and beasts in Origins are larger and more articulated. Zoar is exactly the same size as her vintage counterpart with the same wing flapping action. If I had to guess, they might have scanned the original toy and then digitally updated the sculpt. The colors are brighter and the white is almost pearlized. The new rocket pack has slightly smaller tail clip and is a tight fit on the vintage Zoar. The new stand has a larger base, which is awesome, and is much less tippy than the original. The vintage Zoar can perch on the new stand.

It's an awesome set. I hope we get a Screeech 2 pack.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I think Mattel is savvy to include a figure plus small vehicle or animal, as they have done with Zoar and Ground Ripper. I hope it continues with Screeech, Swiftwind, Mantisaur, etc.

I really like Whiplash, but I was very surprised that the tail is sculpted to fit into a joint that does not swivel. SMH.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I hope it continues with Screeech, Swiftwind, Mantisaur, etc.
                I'm both surprised and disappointed we haven't got Swift Wind yet. Really popular and tons of mold re-use.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I'm hoping we see Swiftwind with Adora or with She-Ra wearing Filmation headdress.

Mantisaur might be a good way to offer Shadow Weaver or Wrap-Trap.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

King Randor is a must buy if I see him. I missed out on him and the Sorceress in the original line, because they FINALLY released them after I had stopped buying MOTU.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎