X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Mego 50th Anniversary Star Trek

Paul Clark asked us over on Facebook Ambassadors if we would want the original Mego Star Trek figures made again ( and new characters ) with original card design for the 50th anniversary. I'm all for it. Those of you that are Ambassadors go over and vote.
  • PB
    • Jul 2, 2021

The current style guide/template used for Trek merchandise is some of the most lackluster designs ever. Please bring back the original card art.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

That would be cool and I'd like to see the original Kirk, Scotty and McCoy head sculpts return.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

Paramount is letting Playmates use their original card art for their new 5 inch Star Trek line. I assume they would let Mego as well.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
          Paul Clark asked us over on Facebook Ambassadors if we would want the original Mego Star Trek figures made again ( and new characters ) with original card design for the 50th anniversary. I'm all for it. Those of you that are Ambassadors go over and vote.
          I scrolled and scrolled and could not find the post you are referring to. Could you post a link to the actual post? Thanks.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            I scrolled and scrolled and could not find the post you are referring to. Could you post a link to the actual post? Thanks.
            Paul asked that question within a post started by Kevin Tellegen showing a photo of the the original Trek figures on card , entitled "Where no toy company has gone before Mego."

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

Sorry that I didn't clarify where the question was asked guys.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

I'm all for new characters or redone screen accurate (like Klingon Kor), but I'm kinda done with any more Kirks and Spocks myself.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Yes, with Vina and Marta two pack, Gorn on muscle body, Mugatu on muscle body screen accurate, Cherons screen accurate.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

All great choices. I would add: Trelane, the Tellarite, Gary Seven (preferably as a two-pack with Roberta Lincoln), Sarek (preferably in a two-pack with Amanda), Arex, M'Ress, Nurse Chapel, Yeomen Rand.

I would add Harry Mudd but there are clearly licensing issues on that one. I would love to see Lt. Reilly, Transporter Chief Kyle, DeSalle, Leslie, etc. but I'm not holding my breath on those.

Comment

• Spectator
                      Museum Patron
                      • Feb 4, 2019

I'd love to see a revival (however temporary) of the original card style and I'd prefer to see it used to produce never-before-released characters a la the modern Sulu and Chekov releases. That's what I'd buy.

Comment

• zeedox
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 10, 2007

The original McCoy and Scott were always favorites!

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

If they are going with retro cards, I don't want screen accurate, I want retro figures. I want the original sculpts, red and blue phasers, foil insignias and any new characters done in the 70s Mego style.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

2024 would be the 50th anniversary of mego Star Trek, which were Kirk-Spock-McCoy-Scotty and Klingon, but if the aliens were also being produced in 24 instead of 25-26 that would be great too.

I would like to see a correct version Talosian and Mugato plus Uhura and Nurse Chapel.

I also would love to see Harry Mudd and Khan for new characters, if Mego decided to go that route?

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

Outside of a few releases the modern Mego Star Trek stuff, most of is has been atrocious or downright embarrassing. So to get Trek redone right with the level of quality that the 50th DC stuff is getting would be fantastic. But if we get wonky headed Scotty or Kirk it'll be a shame.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎