X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

The evolution of John Jameson

Text from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jameson_(character)

Astronaut:

Born in New York City, John Jonah Jameson III is the son of The Daily Bugle's irascible, gruff publisher John Jonah Jameson Junior. Jonah is immensely proud of his son, whom he sees as a true hero. Initially an astronaut, he was first seen being saved by Spider-Man when his craft malfunctioned on re-entry, something that did nothing to endear the wall-crawler to his father resenting Spider-Man's form of heroism.

Colonel Jupiter:

On a later mission, Jameson was infected with spores that gave him superstrength, but strained his body and mind. He was forced to wear a strength-restraining Jupiter suit and battled Spider-Man at his father's urging before recovering and calling himself "Colonel Jupiter". His father convinced him to go after Spider-Man, who had been seen apparently robbing a bank. The web-slinger outsmarted him, and Jonah soon learned that Spider-Man was saving the bank from a bomb. However, Jameson did not care about the misunderstanding and was really out for revenge. Spider-Man managed to neutralize the spores with electricity, returning Jameson to normal.

Man-Wolf:

While he was on the Moon, Jameson found the mystical Godstone, an other-dimensional ruby. The jewel grafted itself to his throat (after he made it into a pendant and started wearing it around his neck) and extended tendrils through his body. Moonlight activated the gem, which transformed him into the lycanthropic Man-Wolf, and he fought Spider-Man in this bestial form.

Stargod:

Later, he was transported to the dimension known as the Other Realm, from which the ruby originated and which was the source of the radiation from the ruby that transformed Jameson into the Man-Wolf. It was revealed that the ruby was created by the dying Stargod to pass on his powers to someone else. While on Earth, Jameson could only partially transform, resulting in his bestial form, while in the Other Realm he could fully transform, resulting in retention of his human intelligence and speech while in lupine form. He took up the mantle of the Stargod, acted as champion of the Other Realm, and gained new powers such as telepathy and energy manipulation. He fought his foes with a sword, a dagger and a longbow and arrows in this incarnation.

I had fun making all the different versions of John and I plan to make a costume package to hold all four: Astronaut, Colonel Jupiter, Man-Wolf and Stargod.
    sigpic LaserMego
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Wow that turned out great. Glad I had to wait on placing my order.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Great job, very well done.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Man, when you see it all in sequence like that... John sure has been through some stuff, hasn't he?!?

These customs are great. Hard to pick a favorite, but I do really dig the retro sci-fi aesthetic of Colonel Jupiter.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I like Man-Wolf the best. Great bunch of figures!

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Great looking stuff for sure.

Comment

• battmasterson
              Career Member
              • Dec 22, 2010

Wow! Very Nice. Great Job.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I like a whole series of figures like this--the evolution of the character is nice with the bios.

Great detailing--how is the silver done on Col. Jupiter?

Seeing the accessories in Stargod makes me want to see you tackle a character like Killraven.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                  Year Five!!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Love this! - Fantastic job on all 4 of them - well done
                  "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

Cool indeed and with shiny objects!

Comment