X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Oh, Mighty Isis!

Oh, Mighty Isis! Got a goddess costume from Classic TV Toys and took the black/gold parts as fodder, tweaked them, then made the costume based on her comic book appearances. I tried to straighten her hair, but it didn't want to take, so I wound up hopping all the hair off, straightening out some brown hair, and giving her a new do. It is actually an Isis head with the painted tiara removed and a new one made for her.
    mightyis1.jpgmightyis2.jpgmightyis3.jpgmightyis4.jpg
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Wow I like that idea. My even try and copy it.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

cool, dig the boots
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

She looks great!

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I don’t think I have ever seen an Isis custom, this looks terrific. I’ve been wanting to do an Isis custom to go with my Shazam mego custom and wanted to go the Joanna Cameron route with the straight combed back dark hair.

I was thinking about also doing her alter ego Andrea Thomas with the eyeglasses. Probably won’t be anytime soon but it’s on my mind.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

That turned out terrific!

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Very nice looking figure. Well done.

Comment

• battmasterson
                Career Member
                • Dec 22, 2010

I love this version of Isis. I used to watch it on Saturday mornings and I used to read the comics. I like your version way better that the "official" Mego version.

Comment

• battmasterson
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 22, 2010

I would love to see that if you get around to it. I think that it is a great idea and having the Shazam - Isis set from Saturday mornings would be awesome.
                  Last edited by battmasterson; Nov 16, '22, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• battmasterson
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 22, 2010

Originally posted by TrekStar
                    I don’t think I have ever seen an Isis custom, this looks terrific. I’ve been wanting to do an Isis custom to go with my Shazam mego custom and wanted to go the Joanna Cameron route with the straight combed back dark hair.

I was thinking about also doing her alter ego Andrea Thomas with the eyeglasses. Probably won’t be anytime soon but it’s on my mind.
                    I would love to see that if you get around to it. I think that it is a great idea and having the Shazam - Isis set from Saturday mornings would be awesome.

Comment

• RonnyG
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 23, 2014

I especially like the amulet. How did you make it and where can I get one? It looks better than painting one on her head like Mego did (although that has its own special charm in a way).

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by RonnyG
                        I especially like the amulet. How did you make it and where can I get one? It looks better than painting one on her head like Mego did (although that has its own special charm in a way).
                        I scanned the collar of the FTC goddess costume, isolated and did a little work on the amulet part it in Photoshop, then printed and cut it out. I painted between the lines with some gold acrylic, painted a scrapbooking round plastic button sticker (not sure the actual term for those) gold and glued it on the print-out. I painted a thin strip of paper gold, glued it on her forehead, then glued the "amulet" on top of it. Did the same for the amulet on the belt.

Comment

• RonnyG
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
                          I scanned the collar of the FTC goddess costume, isolated and did a little work on the amulet part it in Photoshop, then printed and cut it out. I painted between the lines with some gold acrylic, painted a scrapbooking round plastic button sticker (not sure the actual term for those) gold and glued it on the print-out. I painted a thin strip of paper gold, glued it on her forehead, then glued the "amulet" on top of it. Did the same for the amulet on the belt.
                          Cool. I actually already have some of those round buttons used for scrapbooking, so I may steal your idea someday.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎