Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

So, in the last few days, I’ve received my preorders from ZLC for Green Arrow and the 4 Super-Foes, and they all now have a clear plastic hang tag affixed to the back of the boxes. Previously, only the 3 I purchased from Walmart (Batman, Robin and Superman) had hangers, the other 4 from that wave that I purchased from ZLC did not.
    I had assumed the hangers were added by Walmart so they could more easily display them in their collectibles section.
    They are easily removed, and this seems like a silly question, but if I do so is the packaging now damaged/incomplete ?

Comment

• hizzy
      Museum Super Collector
      • Apr 1, 2023

Still waiting for the new wave (And Shazam) to show up in Canada!

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I checked my 2 local area Walmarts and neither one has the 50th WGSH, they do have other mego’s but very few left in stock. The other stores farther away I checked online and even they are out of stock on most.

I’m not very surprised just disappointed, I really want a Shazam and ebay is NOT an option, I do not have an Amazon account, I never buy from them anyway.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

So I guess Walmart is never going to fix the problem, so you can't buy Megos at Wally World form here on in?

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by warlock664
            So, in the last few days, I’ve received my preorders from ZLC for Green Arrow and the 4 Super-Foes, and they all now have a clear plastic hang tag affixed to the back of the boxes. Previously, only the 3 I purchased from Walmart (Batman, Robin and Superman) had hangers, the other 4 from that wave that I purchased from ZLC did not.
            I had assumed the hangers were added by Walmart so they could more easily display them in their collectibles section.
            They are easily removed, and this seems like a silly question, but if I do so is the packaging now damaged/incomplete ?
            The ones I just received from ZLC had the hanging tags on them, as well. These are the first of the 50th I have bought that had tags attached. I bought from ZLC and Walmart for the first round of 50th. None of them had tags attached.

Comment

• dcohendmd
              • Jan 20, 2014

no new Mego sightings in western Massachusetts or Northern Connecticut. Is it official from Mego Corp that these figures are going to be sold again .. on the shelves at Walmart?

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Maybe new mego will come out with a second release of the 50th anniversary figures
                (continued to be sold at Walmart) possibly in the fall or the holidays with the upgraded knee issue fixed. Well at least that’s what I’m hoping for.

Comment

• hizzy
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Apr 1, 2023

The next wave is showing up all over the place. Still the same knee problem. Maybe they have to use up all of the old bodies before making new ones?

Comment

• boss
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 18, 2003

I found a Riddler and Penguin today on clearance for $10 each.
                    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Dang, my Walmart doesn't carry Mego.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Action Martin
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 30, 2007

I was just at the Walmart in East Stroudsburg, PA this morning.
                        Multiples of Aquaman, Green Lantern, Joker, and Reverse Flash. Only one Shazam.
                        Scott

Comment

• puckace
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Feb 5, 2009

Welp Joker and Reverse Flash finally showed up today. 3 of each. Now only 2

Comment

• Makernaut
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 22, 2015

I was in a Walmart about an hour away from home and thought I'd do a "spot check" on 50th Anniversary availability. There was one Robin on the pegs.

Comment

• boss
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 18, 2003

Very similar experience. 3 Reverse Flashes, 3 Jokers, and 1 Green Lantern.

Originally posted by puckace
                              Welp Joker and Reverse Flash finally showed up today. 3 of each. Now only 2
                              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Jmass
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jan 19, 2006

As of 07/14 the Columbia MO West Broadway Wal Mart had three Reverse Flash figures, Three Jokers, and one peg warming Robin.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎