X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Mego WGSH 50th at Walmart Updates

Interesting things regarding the new Mego WGSH figures and Walmart.

A few weeks or so back, my local Walmart had pegs up for the 50th Anniversary figures. Those pegs are now gone. If they moved them, I could not find where they were moved to.

Previously, I had bough a Batman and The Flash from Walmart.com. Yesterday, my Batman was canceled because they said it was Out of Stock. Has anyone received and of the 50th figures from Walmart.com, besides Superman?

I am hoping that they still show up in the stores. It would be nice seeing them and maybe buying a couple in person.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Did you ask anyone at Walmart what happened to the pegs? it kind of raises a red flag for me, unless there’s a delay in Walmart getting them and they just decided to take down the pegs until later, hopefully Walmart stores will be getting them in stock maybe after Thanksgiving?

I’m really hoping they show up in the 2 Walmart stores in my area, I really want Batman which I personally think is the best of the bunch, I also want Aquaman and Green Arrow.

Comment

• Orion1
      • Apr 7, 2010

My order for a Removable Cowl Batman was supposed to be delivered on the 8th. Walmart cancelled it. I have pending orders for more Removable Cowl Batmans & Robins which were supposed to be delivered today - they are currently Delayed. I expect them to be Cancelled as well. I've had to reorder them elsewhere. I don't think it's just Mego product. I had ordered a McFarlane Shazam Gold Label figure 6 times now and all six were eventually Cancelled, as they failed to fulfill those orders. Something definitely screwy is going on at Wally World.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

sad empty pegs in Winter Haven
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Jase
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 22, 2021

Both of the pegs at the Walmart I usually go to are still empty. I might have them scan the tags to see what the status is next time I’m in the store.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

My Walmart just put out tags for four dedicated slots for the 50th anniversary figures, as well as one for horror and another for entertainment.

Comment

• 80's Kid
              • Jul 3, 2022

The Amazon Official Mego store shows them available on Dec. 7th.

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                Museum Patron
                • Sep 5, 2015

That's when I go for these.

Comment

• JFAWWE
                  • Feb 4, 2008

These are the Mego’s I’ve been waiting for all along! I’m am going to be ordering a lot of these!!! I am a 70’s kid and I can remember spending hours playing with Mego figures and I loved my Batcave and Enterprise Bridge.

I’ve been trying to catch up on the forum threads and some videos on YouTube but I still have a lot of questions and I hope someone can help catch me up to speed.

Are these the first figures on the bandless bodies? If not, which other figures have them?

Will there be more 50th Anniversary World’s Greatest Super Heroes? I saw that there may be some Trek and Apes 50th figures.

Is there going to be a neck plug to put old heads on the new bodies?

I would also really like Batman and Robin to be re-released as 50th Anniversary figures with non-removable masks so they match what I had as a child. I would prefer if they had updated gloves like Green Lantern to make them different from the first wave.

I cannot wait to get these! Thanks in advance!

Comment

• PB
                    • Jul 2, 2021

Mego already has some figures out there with the new bodies from recent waves. Batman Beyond, Quark and the Ghostbusters are the only examples I have picked up that use this new design. My understanding is there is already a newer corrected version of their bandless bodies that are slightly taller.

I do prefer bandless but the old type 2 still looks better to my eye. It’s something about the new hands, like they are too small for some characters. The ball joints at the shoulders are way too tight and the hip-to-torso solution not tight enough.

Cool to see these new versions of the classics, but I can no longer do preorders, especially Walmart. There is no reason for a preorder when every ebay seller will eventually beat original MSRP. Hopefully we’ll all get a shot at buying them in person or at least from reliable stores online.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

The Amazon Official Mego store shows them available on Dec. 7th.
                      Perfect timing for me, as I ordered these with the idea of paying for them with the birthday money I should receive on December 12th!
                      sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Looking forward to it, and wouldn’t it be cool if they decided to remake the alter ego’s?
                        I guess they couldn’t make a Peter Parker but still a Bruce, Dick and Clark would be sweet.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by TrekStar
                          Looking forward to it, and wouldn’t it be cool if they decided to remake the alter ego’s?
                          I guess they couldn’t make a Peter Parker but still a Bruce, Dick and Clark would be sweet.
                          perhaps they could do a billy battson in a peter parker outfit as a get around lol

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                            perhaps they could do a billy battson in a peter parker outfit as a get around lol
                            Peter did come wearing a Billy Batson outfit with a Shazam head.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              Peter did come wearing a Billy Batson outfit with a Shazam head.
                              cheers lonnie i thought so and that why i suggested it as a work /get /around

stranger things have been known to happen lol

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎