• Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Type S Muscular Body and Yvonne Female Torso Adapters

I received my Type S muscular body:

Type S Muscular Body.jpg

I haven't done anything to it yet, but the plan is to swap Bane onto the body. I hope the hands are transferrable because the wrists are very different designs:

Type S Muscular Body Hand Comparison.jpg

And here is a comparison with a Falcon custom on a regular Type S , and a unmodified Mego Batman Beyond:

Type S Muscular Body Comparison.jpg

Classic Toys also released new Yvonne torsos for the 8" and 6" figures with Mego classic compatible head connectors. Here is the 8":

Type S 8-In Female Adapter.jpg

...and the 6", compared to the regular 6" torso (original on the left, new classic connector on the right):

Type S 6-In Female Adapter.jpg

I did update my Teen Titans 6"/7" Wonder Girl with the new torso. It's not a big difference, but the larger neck plug keeps the head on better. The 8" torso will be the bigger advancement, being able to use classic style heads on the Yvonne body. Unfortunately, my custom Mera bodysuit is too small to fit that body, and the FTC new Wonder Woman suit is a poor fit too. And then there is still the issue of the feet not fitting in the standard boots. Baby steps, I guess.

I hope to try the Bane conversion this weekend. Just noticed the black staining on Bane's body from his costume, so, Ugh! I guess at least I am prepared for it.
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Interesting. I hadn't really looked at the Type-S Muscle bodies but it's a shame they went with the double elbows and knees, as opposed to the more traditional Type-S style. Although at least it has a bicep cut.

Weird flesh tone though.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Thanks for sharing that, the body will definitely go nice with certain custom projects, and by the way I absolutely love your Falcon custom, very minty looking.

Comment

• nubee
        Career Member
        • Feb 15, 2010

Thanks for the infor. Very very nice Falcon

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TRDouble

I hope to try the Bane conversion this weekend. Just noticed the black staining on Bane's body from his costume, so, Ugh! I guess at least I am prepared for it.
          Wash the costume by hand to get rid of the dye before you convert
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Wash the costume by hand to get rid of the dye before you convert
            Thanks for that tip!

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

An update. I hate to be negative, but It Is What It Is.

As I previously wrote, the new torso for the 7" Yvonne body is fine. Not totally necessary, but it does keep the head on better, so there is that.

The 8" Yvonne torso is non-functional. It has the correct neck end for the classic Mego female head design, but it is really loose, and because of the long thick neck, it looks really, really bad. Which is too bad because the medium bust size is actually bigger than the standard Yvonne bust torso, which helps hold up the rare costume that fits, like the FTC new Wonder Woman outfit. I swapped out the feet for smaller feet so they would fit into the new Mego Wonder Woman Boots, and it looked really good. Until it came time to attach a head. Yuck! And then the Yvonne torso started to split when I removed the head. Ugh! If I could get the right sized head -- Yvonne heads are TINY -- it would have been a great looking Wonder Woman. Instead, I destroyed my Mego Wonder Woman (the neck plug onto of the body broke off inside the Mego WW head) and struggled to put my FTC Wonder Woman back together, with my extra costume coming loose at the seam, and the original one starting to as well, but hiddedn buy the belt. It's my own fault for not testing a few things before ripping apart two figures.

Now, the new Type S Muscular Body. The left foot peg snapped. If you are not careful, it will break. Now I need another foot. So now Bane swap for me until I get a new foot. And yes, the flesh tone is weird; it is more Bone, Zombie-ish than Tan.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by TrekStar
                Thanks for sharing that, the body will definitely go nice with certain custom projects, and by the way I absolutely love your Falcon custom, very minty looking.
                Thank you!...

Originally posted by nubee
                Thanks for the infor. Very very nice Falcon
                .. And Thank you!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Not good to hear that the parts are breaking with minimal usage. Got rid of the elastics and now new problems here and with the Mego bodies
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

I really wish they had gone a bit taller on the muscle bodies (they had a chance to correct this with the new Type S body). It just seems a shame to have the big muscle-bound guys, being the same height as the regular guys.

Dana
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by danadoll
                      I really wish they had gone a bit taller on the muscle bodies (they had a chance to correct this with the new Type S body). It just seems a shame to have the big muscle-bound guys, being the same height as the regular guys.

Dana
                      It does seem a missed opportunity. I can see why they might want to keep the same sizing in general, but there are plenty of smaller muscle body options. Would have been nice to have a taller body too.

Comment

• publiusr
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Aug 23, 2015

I might use them as dwarves for taller characters. I noticed a very tall spidey figure IIRC, and while ghastly for that purpose—would make a great figure of Hisoka the Magician from HUNTER
                        X HUNTER.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 19, 2019

Are the hip joints the same on the muscle body as on the regular size Type S body?
                          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• imlaughing2death
                            • Jul 20, 2020

Yeah, I'd like to know this too, to see if the monster legs are compatible with the beefier body.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎