• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiberiusguy
    Museum Patron
    • Aug 23, 2019

We bought a Hulk

Well, actually a couple.
    I never liked the height of Hulk in his “8 inch” scale, I thought he should be taller (was it the cost of plastic?) so I never bothered. I saw the larger bodies and the articulated bodies online, and bought a decent OG Hulk figure and a new body. Well, unless it’s Lou Ferigno (whom I understand is shorter) it’s still too small.
    Bring on the 12”. Even that is an overstatement, he’s 11 1/2 too. Why the diminutive height. I think it’s closer to his comic roots size, I makes him 8-9’ tall.
    He had overstretched elastics and was naked and dirty. I bought O-rings, and they’re perfect. I’ve been cleaning him with peroxide, it’s doing a job.
    Do you think I should soak him in peroxide, who knows what’s inside him, even his arms and legs… I assume removing the o-rings is best. I was going to buy black pants, with the elastics, but forgot where they are from.
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Agreed that the 12" fits in well with the 8" Mego Marvels. Have it setup.that way.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

I always liked the Famous Covers Hulk with the Mego Marvels. If you could mount the vintage head to the toy biz body I think that would be perfect.

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
        Museum Patron
        • Aug 23, 2019

Oh wow, toy biz sounds interesting… I finally put the head on the taller body, I’m not bad with the colouring. I could use some constructive criticism about the arms…
        His shoulders are out too far, and either too tight or too loose. What if I were to increase the arm holes, to bring them in a bit? They are ok(ish) with a shirt/fur costume.
        He’s kinda doing the Fortnight dance, if I’m honest
        Im referring to 8” new body. Was famous covers 8” plus.
        I put a Neptunian on the old body, need a costume and elbow pins at some point.
        Last edited by Tiberiusguy; Nov 27, '22, 8:50 PM. Reason: Read last message

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎