Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to the Mattel Store for the First Time!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Went to the Mattel Store for the First Time!

I had to drop my mom off at the airport, so decided to swing by the Mattel Store in nearby El Segundo, because I've never been there before. I've watched some youtube videos made by doll influencers of their visits, so I have been wanting to go and check it out myself. They had a giant tent sale in back, so I went there first. I arrived about 15 minutes before they opened. There were 2 guys with shopping carts already lined up waiting to get inside. A third person joined them, and they all acknowledged each other, and I got the feeling they were all "regulars." As I entered, I saw the MOTU section, so I went there first. They had some Wave 7 & 8 Origins figures for $5.99 each, which is insane because some are still on the rack at Target for $15 each. I ended up purchasing Buzz-off, Sun-Man, and Jitsu. They also had stacks of the Cave Club dolls on pallets for $4.99 per doll and there were about 5 or 6 different dolls to choose from, but I resisted the urge to buy them. There was also a ton of Barbie Extra dolls and Color reveal Barbie dolls on pallets, as well as Hot Wheels, Jurassic Park, Spirit, etc. Some guy had a shopping cart full of some board game I've never heard of (probably to resell or give as Christmas gifts).
    Then, I went inside the main store and to the Monster High section. I was looking for the Draculaura Howliday doll but it wasn't there. They only had Lagoona, Clawdeen, and Cleo at regular price ($24.99). I think I'll go back after Christmas and see if they go on discount because I'm not paying full price for them! I should mention that the staff was super friendly, too!

IMG_20221108_112833.jpgIMG_20221108_112445.jpgIMG_20221108_111752.jpgIMG_20221108_111454.jpgIMG_20221108_111409.jpg
    Last edited by RonnyG; Nov 9, '22, 12:00 AM.
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

There is a very special place in my heart for Mattel. I wanted this so bad that I searched every Thrift/Secondhand store I could find. Then I heard about ebay and made my first purchase 23 years ago.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Oh man I would have bought MOTU at those prices.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• msenger76
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 3, 2009

I want a Jitsu but can't justify the retail....crying at seeing those sale prices

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎