X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Business as usual at my local In-N-Out Burger

If you're lucky enough to have them in your State, then the long line should come as no surprise. Counted 19 cars this afternoon, but this is pretty much the norm regardless of day or time.

Is it worth it? Hell yes. Fresh, simple menu with a secret menu: I order my Double-Double Animal Style. Animal Style burgers include pickles, extra spread, grilled onions and mustard fried onto each meat patty. And if I'm feeling extra crazed, I'll order the fries the same way (adds cheese, In-N-Out's secret spread, and grilled onions right on top).

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

FLA has no use for them. We've got Culver's
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I've always wanted to try them. Culver's isn't bad. I think A&W has great bugers for fast food, myself.
      sigpic

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

I've had In-N-Out a few times, liked it.

Locally we have Culver's and Freddy's. Freddy's is my favorite over Culver's for sure.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

We have an In and Out in Houston but it just doesn't outdo Whataburger for me.
          Same for Shake Shack. It's ok but Whataburger is kind of a DNA thing.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I remember on my last trip to LA, I tried them all In and Out, Carls and of course, Jack in the Box. They were all pretty decent if I recall.

However, I really never crave chain burgers, they work in a pinch but I'm a true sucker for indie places and always will be. This place below is a little slice of heaven.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
              Don't think we have any Whataburgers in Cali, but a Shake Shack just opened up near me. My Father-in Law loves it. I'll try it out this weekend.
              You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

A new Shake Shack is being built right by my office. Probably won't be open until next year it looks like. We have a Five Guys near my office as it's pretty good too.

On the burger topic, if you have a Red Robin nearby, they are doing a promo for select burgers, fries and drink for $10. Pretty reasonable and RR is good.
                Last edited by drquest; Nov 7, '22, 12:54 PM.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Round these parts (Pocono Mountains) …

All we have is your generic everywhere-burger --- McDonalds, Burger King and Wendies.

Even our local diner (who made GREAT burgers) closed shop and became a Japanese sushi restaurant.

Had one last hope … A Texas gent opened a Texas BBQ restaurant in walking distance from me …

Only prob, his prices are CRAZY expensive …. You want a cheese burger with some slaw on the side ???

Be prepared to pay $14.99 …. BTW, the burger itself is no different than a thin store-brand frozen patty.

Sucks how this town robs tourists to no end

Don't even ask me about "home-made pies"

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

Whataburger gets my vote, too. Most all of my friends and family would say the same.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Was in San Jose a few weeks ago and grabbed Smashburger. It was quite good too. Their tater tots are enjoyable.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• shaunaconda
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Mar 29, 2020

Yeah in Texas Whataburger is king! In-N-Out is pretty darn good though.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Californian here.

I like In N Out, but don’t love them as much as many do. Don’t get me wrong, their burgers are good, not greasy, and fresh, but to me, they lack that super wow factor. They also do not offer bacon, that’s a big minus for me. Maybe that’s why. Their fries are the most tasteless things on earth though. I mean, they are actual fresh potatoes and are peeled right there in front of you, but are flavorless as heck. What’s so hard making them tasty? Their shakes are yummy though, pure melted ice cream. I do always order the Double Double Animal style with extra fresh onions and sliced hot peppers.

Their establishments are super clean and well staffed. All employees are super friendly. Fast service. They have good salaries, paid vacation, health care, sick leave, and 401k. The only other fast food chain that is almost a mirror image of In N Out is Chick-fil-A.

Yes, they are always packed with long lines, but part of it is because there are fewer of them than other burger chains. Oakland, my hometown, only has one for example. The other one nearby is in Alameda. McDonalds on the other hand seems to have one in each corner, lol.

As I said, I do like In N Out, but here are 3 small burger chains that are better.

True Burger. That’s where we had a Mego Meet a few years ago. Those burgers are killer. And get this. They make a Twinkies milk shake that’s outta this world, ha.

The Habit Burger and Grill. Man, their double bacon burger, yum, yum.

And my present favorite, Super Duper Burgers. Now we are talking! I always order medium rare with a garlic spread. The double cheeseburger is 1/2 pound of pure goodness. And their garlic fries makes In N Out fries look like those brown things flies hover around, lol.

And like Brian says, many mom and pops burger joints are even better. There’s one on the Oakland hills called, Sparky’s Giant Burgers. Now that’s a proper burger! Their battered fried zucchini, holy wow, delicious, better than fries, lol. The negatives, the service is not the greatest…and it’s very, very greasy, but hey, once in a blue moon, lol.

Great thread!

P.S. Five Guys are good, but find them overpriced for what you get, and their burgers are just so greasy. I don’t frequent them often.
                          Last edited by Hector; Nov 7, '22, 5:24 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Shake Shack is overrated and overpriced.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

Smashburger and 5 Guys are great burgers as well with no arguments here. Jack in the box, McDonald's and Burger King are kind of last resort for me.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎