X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Announces Creepshow line of 8? Figures

In last night’s Mego Corp Livestream, it was revealed that the latest horror license is the 1982 George Romero feature “Creepshow,” and Mego showed off the first figure from the range, Nathan Grantham from the “Father’s Day” segment complete with a severed head and his cake! Toy-ventures is the only full-colour print toy collector magazine…

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

A whole line of Creepshow figures is impressive, Mego lays a lot of stock in horror.

I wish Hedji was here to opine on this.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      A whole line of Creepshow figures is impressive, Mego lays a lot of stock in horror.

I wish Hedji was here to opine on this.
      He opined on FB this morning but yeah, wish he still popped in here.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Jase
        Museum Patron
        • Sep 22, 2021

Can’t wait for this one!!

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Horror has been successful for Mego. And despite a ton of horror merch in recent years, including toys, generally speaking it’s still an area that is largely unrepresented in toys and merch. So Mego can still get some sales just by making product for unique items.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Yeah, it doesn't take a business genius to see why Mego continues to lean into the horror lines. I have no sales figures, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Hammer Drac outsold Tootie and then some.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Most of the horror stuff doesn't seem to linger, especially the classic stuff. As for the new Creepshow figure, I can honestly see a number of folks getting it just for the accessory...

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Creepshow is one of those movies that everyone loves but has been strangely underserved in the action figure department. I know there was a 3.75" line but that's about it. I think this will be a winner at retail.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

They can't make enough of these as far as I'm concerned, from every segment and the host.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎