Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Way to Remove a Bubble from a New Card?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Best Way to Remove a Bubble from a New Card?

What is the best way to remove a bubble from a modern card and the least amount of damage?

Goo B Gone? A razor? Prayer?

I'm thinking about freeing my Venture Brothers and some others for better display purposes. As much as I do like packaged figures, I don't fee as bad opening new ones. That said, I'd like to keep the cards in the best possible shape. Suggestions?

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I'd use an x-acto knife and a book binding needle. Those cards are attached across the bottom and harder to open with no evident damage. You should just leave them carded because they are going up in price. Not really the ones you have shown, but some are selling for over three hundred dollars apiece. Pete White is going for a lot when he's available.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      I'd use an x-acto knife and a book binding needle. Those cards are attached across the bottom and harder to open with no evident damage. You should just leave them carded because they are going up in price. Not really the ones you have shown, but some are selling for over three hundred dollars apiece. Pete White is going for a lot when he's available.
      Thanks, Lonnie.

And for letting me know they're going for higher prices. That picture is actually 3 figures deep. I have most of the figures in this line but I don't think I'd ever sell them. $300 is tempting, though...
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎