X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

James Gunn and Peter Safran to lead DC Studios

The hierarchy of power in the DC universe really is changing.
    James-Gunn & Peter-Safran.jpg
    Filmmaker James Gunn and producer Peter Safran have been tapped to lead DC’s film, TV and animation efforts as co-chairs and co-CEOs of DC Studios, a newly formed division at Warner Bros. that will replace DC Films.
    Gunn will focus on the creative side of things, while Safran will focus on the business and production side. Both are expected to continue to direct and produce projects, respectively. They will report directly to Zaslav and work closely with Warners film bosses De Luca and Pamela Abdy. Sources say the deal runs four years and Gunn will be exclusive to DC. The goal is for them not just to be producers, but to truly function as executives even as Gunn will occasionally hone a movie.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Oct 25, '22, 4:24 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Hard to knock the choice. Peacemaker (and to a lesser extent, The Suicide Squad) was way better than it had any right to be. GOTG2 was a bit "meh", but the original GOTG is one of the best movies in the MCU. Which is all to say, I have confidence in Gunn's creative vision when it comes to comic book movies. Of course this position is different than being a great writer, director, or even producer. Can he be DC's Kevin Feige? And will WB have the patience required for him to rebuild DC? I guess we will see. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I'm mostly excited by this, but I hope Safran reins in Gunn on the "big gun" properties. Gunn afterall produced "Brightburn", and I don't want ANY kind of Superman like that. Also, the funny but disturbing Aquaman joke in Peacemaker. I wouldn't think they'd let him do that, but WB has let "aueters" run loose before (Snyder).

BUT, I love GOTG (both), The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker for what they are, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's certainly beter than the rudderless ship we have right now.
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Gunn will probably respect the properties a lot more than Snyder did. And hey more Micheal Rooker cameos are never a bad thing.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^A young Michael Rooker would have made a great Guy Gardner.
            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I’m sure Gunn will work him into a spot or too. Harvey Bullock comes to mind.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              ^A young Michael Rooker would have made a great Guy Gardner.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

James Gunn seems to be able to make silk purses out of "sow's ear" properties. I think this is a best foot forward.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎