• RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Launches Minix Collectible Vinyls

More...
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

These look cool, but I can't help but think there is a missed opportunity here. With the stylized "enlarged heads" on these vinyls, they could have easily made them removable and "just so happen to fit on a 1:9 scale body"...

Comment

• KnightDetective
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
      These look cool, but I can't help but think there is a missed opportunity here. With the stylized "enlarged heads" on these vinyls, they could have easily made them removable and "just so happen to fit on a 1:9 scale body"...
      Exactly this! I saw them in another post first and immediately grabbed a ruler to see if the heads might be near Mego scale. I'd be happy if someone would just release some cool heads as "pencil toppers"!

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

with the vinyls at almost 5 inches tall, that looks like the heads will come in at just about an inch and a quarter. Might work on a Mego buck. Not any crazier than figuring out how to make a PEZ head work. Of course, you are going to have to be into a comic stylized look. But that worked well for things like BifBangPow's Venture Bros., so might be cool for these properties. Seeing as how normal people in street clothes don't seem to be a big seller for MEGO, maybe the comic look would be a good thing. Maybe there is a little hope for these properties to move over to the 1:9 scale buck?

Comment

• Orion1
          • Apr 7, 2010

Classic Hanna-Barbara & Looney Tunes Cartoon characters would look great in that format.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

My daughter will probably want the Stranger Things figures! These look nice.
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              My daughter will probably want the Stranger Things figures! These look nice.
              Yeah this is something that my kids will like and that's the point.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

These are neat and will probably do well, but there are so many things like this on the market, so I feel like they'll succeed because of that but also not break out of the pack as a result.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎