Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster High Universal Monsters Frankenstein and Bride.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Monster High Universal Monsters Frankenstein and Bride.

They actually look pretty nice. More original MH in style than reboot.

Mattel - Monster High Frankenstein & Bride of Frankenstein Monster High Skullector Doll Set
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

These are something in which I'd be very interested, esp. if the line continues. I"d love to see their versions of Dracula and Phantom. I like the blend of classic and MH styles in this instance.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

Another damn exclusive I won't be getting! LOL

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I"d love to see their versions of Dracula and Phantom. I like the blend of classic and MH styles in this instance.
      They made a Dracula doll back in June which sold out in few minutes. http://megomuseum.com/community/show...l+monster+high

Also, on a somewhat related note: I read that the reason why the new Generation 3 Frankie doll doesn't have neck bolts like the OG is because of Universal copy right.
      This is copied from facebook post by Dustin Farron. (I don't know if its true but I found it interesting).

So a main reason for Frankie not having green skin and neck bolts is because of the fact Universal has recently Re-Copywritten a certain version of Frankenstein's Monster and are currently clamping down on any monster that has the following elements:
      -Green Skin
      -Flat Top Head
      -Scar on Forehead
      -Bolts on the Neck
      -Protruding Forehead
      Those are the elements that Universal says define the Universal version of Frankenstein’s Monster. Other adaptations of the story that use a monster similar to the one in the Universal films need to either get a license or risk facing a lawsuit. This includes, movies, comics, books and other formats. G3 is through Nickelodeon which doesnt have the rights to use the green skin or bolts, where as G1 had an association through universal.

Last edited by RonnyG; Oct 10, '22, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I feel your pain, the same with MOTU Origins exclusives. Thanks for the link.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by RonnyG
          Another damn exclusive I won't be getting! LOL

They made a Dracula doll back in June which sold out in few minutes. http://megomuseum.com/community/show...l+monster+high

Also, on a somewhat related note: I read that the reason why the new Generation 3 Frankie doll doesn't have neck bolts like the OG is because of Universal copy right.
          This is copied from facebook post by Dustin Farron. (I don't know if its true but I found it interesting).

So a main reason for Frankie not having green skin and neck bolts is because of the fact Universal has recently Re-Copywritten a certain version of Frankenstein's Monster and are currently clamping down on any monster that has the following elements:
          -Green Skin
          -Flat Top Head
          -Scar on Forehead
          -Bolts on the Neck
          -Protruding Forehead
          Those are the elements that Universal says define the Universal version of Frankenstein’s Monster. Other adaptations of the story that use a monster similar to the one in the Universal films need to either get a license or risk facing a lawsuit. This includes, movies, comics, books and other formats. G3 is through Nickelodeon which doesnt have the rights to use the green skin or bolts, where as G1 had an association through universal.

The article from the OP says Universal Studios and that the packaging features backgrounds from the Bride of Frankenstein movie. Cool nod to Dr Pretorious in the Bride's shoes.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Elvira from the Doll Circle on youtube has already got them for review thanks to Mattel. It must be nice to be a doll influencer, and get all that free stuff! lol

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

They look nice and I would love to use them on my Svengoolie theater, but I have a feeling they are going to be expensive and this year I do not have that kind of mad money.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy managed to pre-order the set no problem today. She was gobsmacked. She only half-heartedly checked the link, thinking it would have already been sold out, or the site would crash. It didn't!
                sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I think these really look nice, Frankenstein’s suit looks pretty snazzy like he’s going to a disco club.

Comment

• RonnyG
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 23, 2014

I heard this set sold out in 2 hours as opposed to 2 minutes like the others in the past. LOL I'm not a big Universal movie monsters fan, so I probably won't be getting any future exclusives.
                    However, I am a huge classic 1960s TV fan, so if they ever did a Herman & Lily "Munster High" tie-in, then I would definitely be all over it (if I could get one). Other possibilities could include a Bewitched Endora Monster High, a Gigi Grant as I Dream of Genie, or a Morticia Addams doll.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy got her set in yesterday, which is hella-surprising! I wasn't really paying attention, but I assumed she'd get it WAY after Halloween.

The packaging looks great, and the figures are spot on. I wish the Bride had red hair, but NO ONE gets that right. The text on the back of the box proves someone at Mattel actually watched the film! Dr. Pretorious gets name-dropped twice.

Her one gripe: The flaps on the box window are so stiff, if you open the them up all the way, or leave them open for display, you're going to wreck the "spines". I think they should have given the spines another crease so you could fully open them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎