Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTU Origins crowd funded Eternia playset.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

MOTU Origins crowd funded Eternia playset.

$600 shipped. Yikes! I'm sure it will get funded though. Lot of deep pocket fans.

Mattel's Masters Of The Universe Origins Eternia Playset Details Make Their Way Online (Update With Official Announcement)
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

It's neat, but I had just got out of MOTU when they released the original and remember thinking "This looks nothing like any version of Eternia I know". And I still kinda feel that way.

But I know the original is a grail for a lot of people, and this honestly will probably be more affordable than that, so good for them!
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      It's neat, but I had just got out of MOTU when they released the original and remember thinking "This looks nothing like any version of Eternia I know". And I still kinda feel that way.
      I feel the same. I'm Filmation over the mini comics and it looks nothing like Royal Palace from the cartoon. I think it was in maybe only two of the original mini comics. Also, despite its legendary status, I think it's one of the weakest playsets of the vintage line. It's my least favorite. To me, it's a playset of towers with not much on the inside. I'd much rather had an $80 Snake Mountain or Crystal Palace.

I do think it will fund but at $600 I think that will leave a lot of fans left out.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• KingKickass1983
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2019

That's a pass for me...I'd rather have a Snake mountain.
        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

Not for me. The playset doesn't have a distinct recognizable look from the canon or animated series. Now it Super 7 ever does a Cat's Lair (Thundercat's HQ) I might bite on that.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

No interest in this, but I'm worried it will include an exclusive figure.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              No interest in this, but I'm worried it will include an exclusive figure.
              The exclusive King Grayskull figure is only available to people that order it in the first week. That's kind of a bummer.

Join the Battle for Eternia! Locked in an everlasting war, this Eternia playset is swarming with action-packed features and hidden surprises. The Grayskull Tower and the Viper Tower flank the Eternia Tower as the forces of good and evil wage war. March into combat and fund the playset for the ultimate centerpiece to your MOTU collection.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

That's BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jase
                  Museum Patron
                  • Sep 22, 2021

No room for this and it’s not in the budget either. I have other items on order that don’t need 1000 SQFT to display! Bring on Snake Mountain though, please.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎