Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atari Superman
    • Sep 25, 2022

Green Arrow hand variation?

Hi, Mego friends! I have a question for any Green Arrow geniuses out there. I recently came across an 8" Green Arrow from Figures Toy Company in a limited edition two-pack with Aquaman, and the Green Arrow figure in the set has what I'm going to call an archery hand. The figure's right hand looks like it's ready to pull a bowstring. The index finger is pointing and hooked, and the other fingers are slightly curled.

I'm pretty sure that the Green Arrow Mego that I had as a kid came with the typical hands. The Justice League Green Arrow from FTC definitely does. So does their Super Powers Green Arrow. I'm not sure if earlier Green Arrows from FTC had these hands as a general rule or if this was a special variation for the set.

Anyway, my question is this: Did Mego ever produce a similar Green Arrow? Going by the page in the museum, it looks like one of the figures might have had this type of hand, but without a closer look from a couple angles it's not easy to confirm. Also, did any other classic Megos have hands like this? Maybe the Robin Hood figures?

Here are some pics of the Green Arrow from the FTC set...

Thanks for any insight or details!
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I’m not an expert but I believe both original Mego t-1 and t-2 Green Arrow came with just basic green color hands with straight finger with no curl.

FTC version of those hands, I think are just something they decided to do on there own. I’m not sure about the 50th anniversary Green Arrow but I think those are also straight finger like the original.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Pretty sure that GL just has the glove hands similar to the 66 Batman and Robin figures.

Comment

• Atari Superman
        • Sep 25, 2022

Thanks for the info! These are apparently called "trigger hands," and they were from the Action Jackson line.

@trekstar, I bet the 50th anniversary Mego will have the regular hands also. That's a shame about the FTC figure. Usually they are good about obscure details like this. They shouldn't have thrown the "wrong" hand on a figure as beloved as GA.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

The 50th anniversary figures will have the new hands with the bandless bodies.

Comment

• Atari Superman
            • Sep 25, 2022

Really looking forward to those figures.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎