Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I've always had a soft spot for Military and Civil figures in uniforms.

A few examples...

Classic Canadian Mounty

American Civil War Army uniform (see F-Troop style)

British Queen's Guard

Swiss Guard (Vatican)

Stuff like that

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Do a Cyclops, Yeti, Two Headed guy etc. I want more oddball monsters.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by MRP
        Would that make them beside themselves?

-M
        We've fallen into an infinite loop!!!
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
          Career Member
          • Jan 19, 2019

I'd buy a military Mego line. Specially if they give us an M-65 jacket. Sailor uniform (cracker jacks) and the like.
          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Mejo
            Museum Patron
            • Jun 30, 2022

Super-heroes are my main jam, but those classic Robin Hood figures, reissued or updated, sure would be tempting. That said, I'd buy Robin Hood figures based on the Richard Greene series (fantastic show; if you haven't seen it, I heartily recommend it) in a heartbeat. And figures based on the Rocket Robin Hood cartoon would be a dream come true. But before Mego branches out into more "experimental genres", I'd rather they just put out more super-heroes (the Legion of Super-Heroes would keep my wallet empty enough), and after DC, work on securing the rights to the Marvel characters. Oh, and a few more Star Trek figures, TOS and The Animated Series (a M'ress and Arex would rock).

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Some more Star Trek TOS and TNG would be fine for me, I also would like to see western heroes make a come back with extra characters not made back in the day, with some gals done to like Calamity Jane and Annie Oakley.

Comment

• zeedox
                Career Member
                • Aug 10, 2007

mego/hasbro

Membros
                Repto
                Antron

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by TrekStar
                  Some more Star Trek TOS and TNG would be fine for me, I also would like to see western heroes make a come back with extra characters not made back in the day, with some gals done to like Calamity Jane and Annie Oakley.
                  Agreed on Trek. We especially need some more female characters if Mego ever gets the new body done. From TOS I’d like to see Rand, Chapel, and Vina (as the Orion slave girl), and from TNG we desperately need Troi and Crusher.

I know these are unlikely as individual units, so putting them in two packs with figures that have a broader appeal might be the ticket. Vina with a Talosian, for example, or Troi with a Selay or some other monstrous alien.

It might be risky but maybe Dr. Crusher with Wesley in his ensign uniform, but then again, that just may guarantee to rot on the pegs.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Mejo
                    Super-heroes are my main jam, but those classic Robin Hood figures, reissued or updated, sure would be tempting. That said, I'd buy Robin Hood figures based on the Richard Greene series (fantastic show; if you haven't seen it, I heartily recommend it) in a heartbeat. And figures based on the Rocket Robin Hood cartoon would be a dream come true. But before Mego branches out into more "experimental genres", I'd rather they just put out more super-heroes (the Legion of Super-Heroes would keep my wallet empty enough), and after DC, work on securing the rights to the Marvel characters. Oh, and a few more Star Trek figures, TOS and The Animated Series (a M'ress and Arex would rock).
                    M’Ress for sure. Flocked?

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

As nicely done the Mego Knights were, they didn't have much play value and King Arthur wasn't great.

Do a sword & sorcery fantasy knights line. Wizard, death knight, sorceress, barbarian, etc. Think D&D not Tolkien.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

If companies like Mezco can create their own unique characters like the Rumble Society and have them sell out in minutes, Mego could defintiely create their own unique characters within popular genres. I like Werewolf's fantasty idea. And Brian's ninjas. A set of multi-colored ninja figures would fly like shuriken.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Atomikhammer
                          • Nov 20, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          Do a Cyclops, Yeti, Two Headed guy etc. I want more oddball monsters.
                          yes yessss yesssssss YESSSSSSSSSS!

Comment

• Mejo
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jun 30, 2022

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                            M’Ress for sure. Flocked?
                            Only if it's minimally fuzzy (like those Halmark ornaments of the polar bear and the penguin?) and just the face would be enough, because I've seen the massive shedding problems in the Mego werewolf's package ... and it ain't pretty!

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Mejo
                              Only if it's minimally fuzzy (like those Halmark ornaments of the polar bear and the penguin?) and just the face would be enough, because I've seen the massive shedding problems in the Mego werewolf's package ... and it ain't pretty!
                              Agreed. I didn’t even open my flocked werewolf because of that. One of the few Megos I bought that is still on the card.

Comment

• mikeoz
                                Mego Maker
                                • Mar 9, 2007

I’d like to see Greek mythology characters in a Mego format. For creatures, the Minotaur, Medusa, a siren and even Echidna. Human form wise, Perseus, Andromeda, Zeus, Athena, Aphrodite or countless other gods.
                                Looking for:
                                Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎