Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hasbro 1983 Dungeons and Dragons animated series action figures.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
    Spotted these today at Walmart, and despite my sentimentality for the cartoon, way too steep for me to pick up at $25 each. Also I was taken aback by the fact that there is no visibility of the figures themselves inside the packaging. You just have to go by a picture of the figure.. you can see what I mean in the Amazon pics:

https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Dungeo...dp/B0B5JYR6XQ/
    This seems to be Hasbro's new packaging norm. They are doing it with Marvel Legends too.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

I saw some of these at Target last week. Loved them, but left them there.

Dungeon Master & Venger was so cool, but $50 was a little too rich for me.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

The figures look great, but they are sadly plagued by poor QC. The figures are prone to brittleness and breakage.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

My local Target has these on clearance, 50% off. I held the Venger and Dungeon Master in my hands, but didn't buy it.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

I recently bought Venger and Dungeon Master for $25 and a couple of others for $8 a piece. Because of that I'll end up getting the others at full retail because I'll never come across that kind of deal again. Happens every time.

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

I hope series 2 hits shelves, but I'm worried they won't.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

My wife and I are huge fans of the D&D cartoon, so were interested in these, but she has a strict $20 limit for any action figure she buys, and will wait to see if they get marked down if they are more, so we never got these, but in our discount toy shopping spree today we found a bunch of the first wave. I had found the Venger/DM 2-pack at a local toy show for $20 for the pair a few weeks back, but we hadn't got the kids yet. We found Bobby and Diana for $5 each at one Walmart, and Hank at another for $10. We also found the big black dragon from the Honor Among Thieves line for $15 (plus a lot of clearance Megos). We also saw the Super Powers vehicles (Batwing & Supermobile) on clearance but I passed today on those, though I may go back later inthe week.

D&D Cartoon Kids.jpg

DnD Black Dragon.jpg

-M
                Last edited by MRP; Oct 7, '23, 9:36 PM.
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Ollie's has the Hank, Diana and Bobby figures from the first wave for $9.99 each if people are still looking for these.

-M

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

I have an Ollie's near my office, maybe I should check it out.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Dannyc
                      • Feb 6, 2023

Got the first wave for about $15 each. But not sure if I want anymore (unless drastically marked down).They're some of the jankiest feeling figures I've gotten in a while.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎