X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

Taking a stab--looking for a book

I'm trying to read some parts of Children's Television: The First Thirty-Five Years, 1946-1981: Part II: Live, Film and Tape Series, by George W. Woolery. This second volume is fairly rare and out of my price range as a used book for the limited use I'd give it, so I thought I'd see if anyone had it in this forum and I might be able to get access. I've already checked things like archive.org and ILL options. Thanks.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Falstaff13
    I'm trying to read some parts of Children's Television: The First Thirty-Five Years, 1946-1981: Part II: Live, Film and Tape Series, by George W. Woolery. This second volume is fairly rare and out of my price range as a used book for the limited use I'd give it, so I thought I'd see if anyone had it in this forum and I might be able to get access. I've already checked things like archive.org and ILL options. Thanks.
    Oh I can't say I've ever seen it, it's rare. Someone was just telling me how rare the early Nickelodeon shows are to find. Especially Livewire which had the Ramones and an early interview with REM.

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

Yes, some of those shows are covered in Lost Media groups, and there are a few things uncovered every once in a while, but that's seemingly getting rarer.

As for the book, I'm not sure it is even all that thorough. The Animated volume is pretty good but has some gaps just because of what could be seen at the time. Live Action children's shows, particularly of the early days, are even harder sometimes to get good info on.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.

Comment

• Sbznpoe
        • Apr 16, 2010

I notice the Internet Archive Open Library has a copy you can borrow and read, if that helps. The link is:

Children's Television: The First Thirty-Five Years, 1946-1981 - Part 2: Live, Film and Tape Series (Children's Television: The First Thirty Years) by George W. Woolery, May 23, 1995, The Scarecrow Press, Inc. edition, Hardcover in English

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
          Career Member
          • Jun 8, 2015

Inter-loan library.

Ask her local library if they can trace down a copy and then you can check it out.

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
            Inter-loan library.

Ask her local library if they can trace down a copy and then you can check it out.
            As I wrote, ILL is not an option. There is not a library that participates with mine in ILL that has it, and I've already checked WorldCat for that option.
            Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Sbznpoe
              I notice the Internet Archive Open Library has a copy you can borrow and read, if that helps. The link is:

https://openlibrary.org/books/OL1132...e_Series_(Chil
              Thank you. I had checked archive.org but not this one. Appreciated!
              Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Sbznpoe

https://openlibrary.org/books/OL1132...e_Series_(Chil
                Actually, I see now that it is mislabelled, and it is the first part (on animated series), which does seem easier to find. Thank you though.
                Hugh H. Davis

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎