X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by rche
    I had never really thought about the S curl not being there for Clark. A subtle, but seriously strong, difference. Looks fantastic like that.
    I made a Clark way back in the 80's, but it was one of the first times I had tried making a business suit, and it came out way too tight and the jacket too short. He also just used the Supes head with the spit curl, which always bothered me a bit. I knew, though, I'd need to re-paint the head if I fixed the curl, and that usually didn't turn out as well (I prefer not painting heads whenever possible, a throwback to not liking the way Batman and Captain America were done in the original Mego line, and the fact I used to have a really hard time getting it smooth. I also had a hard time just painting around the existing eyes, and I can't paint eyes from scratch worth beans). I have gotten to the point where I can match the color pretty well and make the paint job smooth enough to work. Seemed to work okay this time for both Clark and Ollie.

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

Another JLAer in his civilian guise, police scientist Barry (Flash) Allen. He has a Heroes of the Ice Hasek head with the hair re-sculpted. His costume ring is a piece of yellow Contact with a small scrapbook gem painted yellow glued on. The costume chemically treated to expand on contact with the air was made in Photoshop, printed out, glued to a piece of red Contact for backing, then inserted between the fingers (I made something similar out of construction paper as a kid for an early Barry, who at the time borrowed Aquaman’s head).
      barry1.jpgbarry2.jpgbarry3.jpgbarry4.jpgtesting1.jpg

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

The Thanagarian lawkeepers and terran museum curators, Carter (Hawkman) Hall and Shayera (Hawkwoman) Hall, based on the Shadow War of Hawkman mini-series. Shayera uses a Classic TV Toys head based off the original Mego Invisible Girl with new hair and shoes I got from the dollar store back in the 90's. The earrings are a couple little peace sign bangles with white stickers from some scrapbooking stuff (scrapbooking doodads are a great resource for Megos). The little ancient astronaut statue is made from Apoxy Sculpt. Carter uses a Classic TV repro of the Lancelot head. I didn't need to alter the hair, just gave him some new eyebrows and blue eyes. The boots came from the Duke boys. The tablet it made from foamboard chopped and dug at to give it wear and then painted.
        cartershay1.jpgcartershay2.jpgcartershay3.jpgscarter.jpgshayera.jpg

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

You continue to kill it! Love how specifically comic accurate these are.
          sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

The rule I set for myself with these was that they had to be a specific version of the secret ID as far as head and hair go, and they had to be in an outfit they'd actually appeared in from the comics or other media like Super Friends. And I went pretty much strictly Bronze Age for the source material, as that was my comics era.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Your really doing a great job with these secret ID’s, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

Barry Allen with the costume ring is really cool! So unexpected, I mean I never would have thought of incorporating it into a custom, but such an integral part of the character. You did a great job with it. Awesome stuff!

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I'm floored. That Barry Allen with the Flash ring may be the coolest custom ever made.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Dinah (Black Canary) Lance from the classic Green Lantern/Green Arrow story "They Say It'll Kill Me, But They Won't Say When." A Chris Munroe head from the Target Charlie's Angels and shoes from a dollar store set I got in the 90's repainted.
                    dinah1.jpgdinah2.jpgdinah3.jpgdinah4.jpgdinah5.jpg

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Superman's cousin, Linda (Supergirl) Danvers from her Adventure Comics appearances, using an actual Mego Supergirl head with a new mod do.
                      linda1.jpglinda2.jpglinda3.jpglinda4.jpg

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

From Gotham City, Barbara (Batgirl) Gordon. A Dorothy head with new hair.
                        babs1.jpgbabs2.jpgbabs3.jpgbabs4.jpg

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

Wow again, those turned out great.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Really nice you did a great job!

Comment

• Atomikhammer
                              • Nov 20, 2012

Wow, these are all fantastic! And more than a bit inspiring!

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Richard (Robin) Grayson, as he appeared in one of my favorite stories of all time, "Who is Donna Troy?" We got to see that Dick is every bit the detective his mentor is, and we got a strong, heartwarming story to boot. Made from a Superman head with a new, George Perez inspired hairdo.
                                grayson1.jpggrayson2.jpggrayson3.jpgrichard4.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎