Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Well, now six months have gone by, and I'm finally warming up to G3. I never purchased any of the G3 core dolls or the Creepover dolls because they just didn't excite me. I didn't care for their neon colors, clothing styles, and the youthful appearance changes. However, I had a change of heart when I saw the newly released Monster Ball line, and Skultimate Fearidescent line. These newest lines of dolls look more mature, and less child-like. Finally, they got rid of the neon colors and sneakers, and brought back the high fashion and glamour. I know they'll never replace G1, but I'm starting to embrace them, so I went to Target last week, and purchased some G3 dolls for the first time: Draculaura and Cleo. I liked them so much that I went back to Target a few days later, and picked up Drac and Cleo from the Skultimate Secrets Fearidescent line. I should also point out that they changed the cartoony box art, and got a new artist who does beautiful illustrations of the ghouls. I still haven't warmed up to Lagoona and Clawdeen, but they do look better than their G3 core dolls IMO.
    IMG_20230618_173107.jpgIMG_20230621_181033.jpgs-l1200.jpg
    Last edited by RonnyG; Jun 27, '23, 1:52 PM.

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

Some more pictures from the latest G3 lines:
      IMG_20230625_205534.jpg IMG_20230625_205302.jpg
      IMG_20230625_202552.jpg IMG_20230625_090900.jpg
      Last edited by RonnyG; Jun 27, '23, 7:22 PM.

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Here's the current checklist. Amazing Mattel has released this many G3 dolls in such a short time span (under a year)! I have no desire to collect them all, but I do prefer some of the latter releases.
        356074436_3558508417764017_312860359604470363_n.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^Appreciated. I like the G3 male body much more than the classic one. I hope they do some CAM sets, I loved those.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I absolutely adored the original MH toys and cartoons. I don't like the changes to the characters personalities, appearances and backstories in G3. I really don't like that Ghoulia is no longer Cleo's best friend or even a main character anymore. But certainly don't begrudge anyone enjoying the new dolls. I'm happy for you guys.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              ^Appreciated. I like the G3 male body much more than the classic one. I hope they do some CAM sets, I loved those.
              Those were fun! It would be awesome if they did--especially with the new style body parts.

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Werewolf
                I absolutely adored the original MH toys and cartoons. I don't like the changes to the characters personalities, appearances and backstories in G3. I really don't like that Ghoulia is no longer Cleo's best friend or even a main character anymore. But certainly don't begrudge anyone enjoying the new dolls. I'm happy for you guys.
                I know how you feel. I had no desire initially to collect these G3 dolls. G1 really set the bar high! It took me some time to come around and accept some of the changes. They will never replace G1! I like to think of G3 as some alternate universe of MH, but the underlying message is still the same.
                However, I'm definitely with you on the new Ghoulia! I am not a fan of her new design, and I prefer the original G1 version, so I haven't purchased her. I'm not an expert on MH history, but didn't they drop Ghoulia during G2? I don't remember seeing any G2 Ghoulias or Abbey, come to think of it.
                Last edited by RonnyG; Jul 6, '23, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

I picked up the new Abbey at the Mattel store yesterday! Since she is the daughter of the Yeti, it seems appropriate that she is on a taller, more voluptuous, full-figured body. She's stunning and look almost Amazonian! Don't get me wrong, I still love the original G1 Abbey (especially her underbite), but I must own 6 different G1 Abbey dolls and they all look the same, so its kinda nice to add some variety to the mix.

IMG_20230705_214204.jpgIMG_20230706_094030.jpgIMG_20230706_093915.jpg
                  Last edited by RonnyG; Jul 6, '23, 2:32 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by RonnyG
                    I'm not an expert on MH history, but didn't they drop Ghoulia during G2?
                    They did remove Ghoulia from the story G2. Ghoulia did get a new release in the G2 era in a G1 style 2 pack with Cleo. Very nice set BTW.

I do give Mattel credit, the quality is there in the G3 dolls. They are not budget releases like a lot of G2 was.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• RonnyG
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 23, 2014

Here's the latest Updated G3 Check List. Over 60 dolls in the series released within a year timespan! It was also announced that Mattel is going to release creeprodutions of G1 Ghoulia and Abbey next year!!!
                      checklist.jpg

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

They really made me mad when they pulled that Monster High/Elvira. I was away from my home computer and keep trying to get one on my phone but keep getting in the waiting line to checkout just for it to say sold out. I was at work and almost through my phone in the river I was so mad. So after that I decided Mattel was back to their old ways and they didn't need my money.

That's alot of redo figures on the list and some I never saw on the shelves anyways.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• RonnyG
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 23, 2014

I haven't purchased any of those Mattel Creations Exclusives so far, but it seems so frustrating from what I've heard from other people's experiences. It sounds like you have to be at your computer and buy it as soon as it drops because it will sell out after a few minutes. Sounds stressful! I'm glad there's been nothing I really wanted to have, plus I don't want to spend $75 + shipping + tax for a doll. That would start to add up fast-- especially when they release two dolls a month like Freak Du Chic and Annabelle. I would be tempted, however, if they did some sort of "Bewitched" or "Dark Shadows" tie-in, though!

Comment

• RonnyG
                            Career Member
                            • Apr 23, 2014

My latest acquisitions: Neon Frights Ghoulia and Toralei. This is the second G3 Ghoulia doll and the third G3 Toralei doll, and I think they are a big improvement over their earlier G3 releases. I love them! Why didn't Mattel just do this in the first place?
                            IMG_20231013_215007.jpgIMG_20231010_204016.jpgIMG_20231013_212354.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎