• Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Reboot Monster High

From Yahoo Life
    Reboot MH 1.jpg

Globally embraced fashion doll line Monster High is returning on Oct. 1, introducing a new line of characters which highlight the inclusive messaging at the core of the brand. The characters, including revamps of popular fan favorites, represent a wider array of cultural and ethnic backgrounds, body shapes and sizes and gender identities.

Since launching in 2010, Monster High has been one of the most beloved and successful properties that's part of the Mattel brand. The property encourages a more accepting world where everyone can let their inner monster shine and be their authentic self.

The refueling of the franchise kicks off with the reproduction of the original dolls, which haven't been available since 2018, as well as accessories and play sets. Each doll has 12 points of articulation, detailed fashion, a pet and accessories that further add to the storytelling play element. And, the characters are dressed in their most fang-tastic back-to-school looks.

Reboot MH 4.jpg

"Monster High fans have always been deeply connected to themes celebrating individuality and acceptance — the same themes that powered the brand to become one of the most successful and beloved kids' properties of all time," Lisa McKnight, global head of Barbie and dolls portfolio for Mattel, tells Yahoo Life. "From the beginning, Monster High has stood for creating a more accepting world where everyone feels proud to be their authentic self, and as we refuel the franchise today with reimagined dolls and characters, a live-action movie and animated series in partnership with Nickelodeon, we encourage fans both original and new to embrace what makes us all unique."

The series launch includes characters Draculaura, Clawdeen Wolf, Frankie Stein, Cleo De Nile and Lagoona Blue. Three additional retail exclusives will also be available: Deuce Gorgon (an Amazon exclusive), Toralei (a Walmart exclusive) and Ghoulia Yelps (a Target exclusive). Deeper backstories will be explored amongst the character collection.

Clawdeen is half-werewolf, half-human and biracial, born to a werewolf mother who is Mexican and a human father who is Black. Her werewolf-inspired look includes an animal-print jumper and a long-sleeve top with crescent moon print.

With Dracula as her father, fans will be introduced to Draculaura's mother, a vampire of Taiwanese descent, as her storyline will dive deeper into her heritage. In embracing body diversity, the revamp of the original character has made her shorter and curvier than before. Draculaura's look is vampire chic with heart-print shorts, a vampy corset blouse with sheer sleeves and sheer, ruffled stockings.

Reboot MH 3.jpg

Frankie Stein, the child of Dr. and Dr. Stein, is determined to not let societal norms get in their way. Frankie is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns. Frankie is the tallest of the other ghouls and uses a prosthetic leg. Their look includes platform sneakers, a plaid skirt and lightning bolt-printed blouse.

Lagoona is from the coast of Honduras and a proud Latina. Lagoona's look is sea monster-inspired with fin detailing throughout her wardrobe. In Deuce Gorgon's story, fans who were already familiar with his mom, Medusa, will finally be introduced to his mother, Lyra. His look uses snake elements including engraved sunglasses.

Accessory kits include the Coffee Bean Lounge play-set, which can accommodate up to five Monster High dolls for interactive play. There is also a Draculaura Gore-ganizer which includes a coffin and makeup set.

Reboot MH 5.jpg

Embracing its mission of acceptance and cultivating community, Monster High is partnering with DoSomething.org, one of the largest organizations exclusively for young people and social change that brings kids together and gives them a sense of belonging. Monster High and DoSomething will help teenagers foster meaningful relationships by providing a template for students to create welcome guides and welcome notes to share with younger students in their schools, to help them feel a sense of welcome and belonging at the start of the 2022 school year. Additionally, Mattel will donate $1 to DoSomething for each Ghoulia Yelps doll sold at Target. The funds will go directly to support mental health initiatives for young people.

Reboot MH 2.jpg

Fans can get to know the reimagined characters in an entirely new medium, including the first ever live-action movie musical, Monster High: The Movie (premiering Oct. 6) and animated series, Monster High: The Series this fall — in partnership with Nickelodeon.

The reimagined Monster High collection will be available starting Oct. 1 at major retailers for a suggested retail price of $24.99.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The new dolls are too generic. The lack the gothic spookiness of the originals. They also lack the retro vibe of the originals with the trapper keeper boxes, cassettes and nods to 80s fashion. Just so pastel and bland. They look more like Rainbow High than MH. Never a fan of the Bratz style of dolls. That said it's nice Ghoulia isn't left out this time, though it does sound like she is more of a background character than one of the main group. Not for me but I hope kids like it.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

20220921_092807.jpg

I am still on the fence. I like the new write ups and the fact that they are doing different bodies and sizes. I want to know are they going to release the parents!
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Clip of the new animated series. I give them credit, it looks WAY better than the live action movie.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

looks like fun. I like that Draculaura is shorter than everyone again. Wondering if the toys will follow that. I was always a little disappointed that the original series were all basically on the same bod.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by rche
            looks like fun. I like that Draculaura is shorter than everyone again. Wondering if the toys will follow that.
            The dolls will have different heights and body types this time.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
              The dolls will have different heights and body types this time.
              That sounds pretty cool. I look forward to seeing what they do with Ghoulia.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Wow I really llike this rebbot better die the fact that the characters do have different bodies! I may start to get the dolls after all.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by rche
                  That sounds pretty cool. I look forward to seeing what they do with Ghoulia.
                  Here's a video unboxing review. I'm not as excited about these. There was something glam and goth about the OGs that's missing with Gen 3. They're too cute and have no edge.
                  I think the OGs are Barbie, while the Gen 3 can be compared to Skipper.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

I saw the figure in the op and I think these figures look fine. They are not the first generation, but they are not bugging me at all. I am happy to see a line that hopefully celebrates diversity and breaking from the norm. Now, if the show actually follows that ideal, or if it merely shifts cliques to different monster factions, we shall see. I am hoping that Ghoulia reprises her role of the Velma of the MH universe, and I hope she still speaks zombie.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I think it's all the neon they added. It doesn't look right with the goth characters, also changing Ghoulia skin to green instead of 'zombie' grey looks strange. It seems I my have to look at each figure to decide if I want to replace the originals.
                      OG Ghoulia.jpg
                      Last edited by monitor_ep; Sep 29, '22, 8:55 PM.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Toralei

PXL_20221102_145324743.jpgPXL_20221102_145333960.jpg

Found in the wild the reboot of Toralei, looks just like the original.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                          Found in the wild the reboot of Toralei, looks just like the original.
                          She is maybe not as bad as some of the others. But she is still a shell of her former goth self.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I think Deuce looks good, particularly the Amazon one.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

2022 Coffin bean

th (1).jpeg

One of the first playsets to Monster High is the Coffin Bean lounge. It is listed on Walmart for $40.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎