Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masters of the Universe Origins wave 9 comparisons.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Werewolf is the expert here,
    Thank you, you are way too kind.

Yeah, just like you said, it's a nod to the Wonder Bread rumor and with the release of MOTUC figure the name just kind of stuck.

When the figure first started popping up online there were all kind of rumors going around. Wonder Bread, the Mattel Mail-in offer and even the Nestle Quik promotion were theories. Heck, a lot of people didn't even think it was real. When I got mine ages ago it was more of an oddity than a must have. I remember back in the late 90s early 2000s you could still get MOC original He-Man and Skeletor figures less than $100. Now they are just ridiculous.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 24, '22, 4:06 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Finally getting caught up on these.

2002 He-Man vs Origins.

muo02hm.JPG

The 2002 reboot figures were always a bit too Spawn-ized for me with the hunched over backs, tiny heads, Image comics ammo pouches and one big boots. But, I still kinda dig them. The designs aren't terrible and I think would have been a lot better received done in a more vintage style like Origins. There were a lot of cool vehicles were in that line. Which are in perfect scale with and compatible with Origins. Even the foot pegs are the same size. Origins Skel looks really cool driving the Battle Ram Chariot and He-Man looks better on the 2002 Battle Cat than the 2002 figure.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 17, '22, 5:15 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

2002 Skeletor vs Origins.

muo02skel.JPG

The 2002 re-design of He-Man isn't great. Probably one of my least favorite of the 2002 line. But I actually really like design of the 2002 Skeletor. Still not crazy about the tiny head, though.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Target exclusive Sun Man 3 pack

muosm3pack.JPG

Sun Man with new head, Metallic Pig Head repaint and exclusive Space Sumo.

Space Sumo has a removable mask and shares the same head mold as the 3 pack Sun Man. Really digging the metallic paints on this Pig Head.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Spot-on about metallic paints on Pig Head--really makes him look more formidable. Space Sumo is great, I like the head sculpt a lot and don't mind the repurposing for the Sun Man variant.

If I figure correctly, Hypno will complete the Sun=Man subset, unless unproduced figures are planned.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

If I figure correctly, Hypno will complete the Sun=Man subset, unless unproduced figures are planned.
              To the best of my knowledge Hypno was not released. So, I'm sure they'll do them all.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎