X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions 1972 ABC Saturday morning preview

Pod Stallions 1972 ABC Saturday morning preview Pod Stallions returns with another video episode. This time we do commentary for the amazing ABC TV 1972 Saturday Morning preview with Burns and Schreiber. Superfriends! Lassie! Bug Bunny and that dreamy Rick Springfield, sigh…. Watch the original here: #filmation #podstallions #batman

Pod Stallions FaceBook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/podstallions Listen […]
    The post Pod Stallions 1972 ABC Saturday morning preview appeared first on PS.

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Found the video awhile back:
    https://comic-books-in-the-media.fan...very_Schreiber
    There are screen captures available/

Batman does not sound like Adam West. It was around 4 years after Batman 66 ended. This does mark the first time that a version of Batman 66 meets Superman. For some reason Chuck Woolery doesn't get enough recognition for play a live action version of Superman. Stilll would love to find that back half of this show,

This was aired when I was a baby so seeing this was a shock. Also I would love to see you guys take on Legends Of Superheroes.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

I have seen the claim that Batman is Kurtwood Smith (of Robocop, That 70s Show, & Dead Poets Society, among many other credits) is Batman. I can see it, but obviously it's unsubstantiated.

I'm probably the only person whose reaction to Rick Springfield is to think first of the Human Target series from the early 1990s that ran one summer. Mission: Magic is the second connection I make, but mainly because my soap-opera-watching sister never watched ABC soaps. That said, John Stamos was on General Hospital as well.

I definitely would love to see you look at more of these kinds of specials, maybe some of the Macy's Parades, or maybe some of the variety specials (particularly those that the Kroffts used to produce).
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I still have the Rick Springfield Human Target (1992) series on DVR. It aired while I was in the Navy so I only was able to watch it when I went home (that and The Flash) and my best friend recorded them both for me.

tv ad 1.jpg705973536c3b0e52c87bc32828475282.jpg60760781092776b1946aa54d6391d37a.jpg
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

That was fun! I hope you do more!

Ever since I first saw this a few years ago Batman's suit has always puzzled me. It seems to be based on Adam West's suit, but I'm not sure it is an actual screen-used copy. Maybe it's the lighting making the material look different? At least this guy tucks his cowl under his cape, which Adam never did in those Legends specials.

I've heard the Kurtwood Smith rumor too. If Red Foreman played Batman, my two heroes would be combined. ;-)

I have to say that physically Chuck Woolery makes a better Superman than David Wilson who played him in that TV production of "It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Superman!".

I'm not really familiar with Jack Burns comedy outside of his short stint as the replacement deputy Warren on the first color season of The Andy Griffith Show. It wasn't his fault, but his character was written as irritating...and he was. And not in a good way. They quickly wrote him out of the show and realized there's no repalcing Don Knotts' Barney Fife.
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I am super curious as to where Chuck's costume is from.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

I'm not really familiar with Jack Burns comedy outside of his short stint as the replacement deputy Warren on the first color season of The Andy Griffith Show. It wasn't his fault, but his character was written as irritating...and he was. And not in a good way. They quickly wrote him out of the show and realized there's no repalcing Don Knotts' Barney Fife.
              Agreed. And for me, it wasn't just him. I kind of find all of the post-Barney, color episodes to be disappointing and the "replacements" like Emmett and Howard are pretty boring.

I remember Jack Burns from a prime time cartoon called "Wait Until Your Father Gets Home". He voiced a character and I recognized his voice pretty easily (from Andy Griffith re-runs) even though I was probably 4 or 5 when the show was on and for some reason remembered that all these years later. Recently, I found out that he and George Carlin started out together as a comedy team doing variety shows and party albums.

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

"Who's at the door? Wha?!? Look everybody, it's Penney Marshall from Laverne & Shirley!"

I LOVED these preview shows. I remember watching them with the TV insert/magazine that came in the Philadelphia Inquirer, circling what I was going to watch on Saturday morning. The horror of desired shows on sharing a time slot on competing networks in the days before VCRs!!

I have copies of ABC's 1975, '77-'80 prime time preview specials and NBC's 1974, '76 and '78 Saturday morning previews on DVD. Forebodingly, the 1978 NBC Saturday Morning Preview Show has Kaptain Kool & The Kongs on the cover, but it's hosted by their successors, The Bay City Rollers.

IMG_2622.jpg
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎