X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Disney+ The Santa Clauses

Scott Calvin is about to turn 65 and, realizing he can't be Santa forever, sets out to find a suitable replacement Santa while preparing his family for a new adventure in life south of the pole.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

looks like fun. my kids loved those movies when they were little

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Am I the only one that didn't like those movies?

It's starts out with him killing Santa Clause, stealing his coat and then a bit body horror. It's actually pretty dark.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
        I'm not truly opposed to them, and I thought the teaser was amusing, but that franchise was just kind of there for me when it came out. The idea (of replacing Santa, maybe not killing him) wasn't new to the films although I remember some reviews acting like it was super original, and while I think Tim Allen is fine, he was a surprising choice to me for the role. That said, I just hope this is better than the Home Alone retread from last year.
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Original was fine, but Tim Allen is unbearable and this has been the law of diminishing returns for quite some time.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf

It's starts out with him killing Santa Clause, stealing his coat and then a bit body horror. It's actually pretty dark.
            in fairness, he didn't "kill" Santa. he startled him and he fell off the roof. As I recall the jacket had a note on it saying put me on or something, though it has been a long while since my kids had the movie on endless repeat, lol

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Having watched this movie HUNDREDS of times with my kids, that's a bit of a dark read. He does startle Santa, who I believe is later said to be "vactioning" somewhere in retirement. So he didn't die, he just...disappeared.

This looks fun. We'll watch it. But Tim Allen isn't as cool as Kurt Russell's Santa Claus. But hey, who's cooler than Kurt Russell?
              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

no one is cooler than Kurt Russell. I loved the first KR Santa movie, the sequel was meh at best.

i think Tim Allen's sequels were better

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I like parts of both Allen sequels, but the evil Santa robot plot in 2 is almost unwatchable for me. The third one is better, me thinks.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, agreed. Santa Robot was dumb. but then it was made for kids, not us, lol

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎