Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Loved this. Best thing I’ve seen in a while
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

whole family watched, whole family enjoyed. Ted, Jack, and Elsa for the win

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Marvel just proved they know how to do Universal Horror better than Universal...with a Marvel twist or two, of course.

I absoutely loved this. Better than the Del Toro version of the Wolf Man, too. Best werewolf ANYTHING I've seen in a long time.
        sigpic

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
          learning all the time
          • Sep 15, 2010

I really liked it as well.
          while it wasn't anything like the WWBN/MT "Marvel Horror Hour" tv show I'd make if I could it was entertaining and stylish.
          a few nitpicks (why do these badass hunters need guards with cattle prods? was the "up your a%#" line really necessary? not sure how I feel about MT outright killing people even if they deserved it and how did he and Jack communicate? and does MT eat food at all let alone sushi?)
          I hope the mcu version of horror doesn't HAVE to include touches of camp or jokes shoehorned in as if to say "we know this is goofy but if we throw some gore in there it will officially be called horror."
          horror can certainly contain humor and doesn't even need gore. imo it should simply be treated as seriously as any other genre. obviously disney isn't going to go full bore horror and none of the marvel horror comic books went all out gore anyway. but fun doesn't have to mean funny. and certainly not wink wink corny. my $.02

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

Loved it! They pushed a lot of great buttons, nostalgia-wise.

Yeah, it was more an action show than horror… but for folks coming at it from the Marvel superhero shows, they had to make it something they’d recognize.

Loved the look of the Man-Thing! He was the star of the show in my book. Although they did take away the pathos of the character’s plight in this version. They made him a lovable Wookie in some respects. But I can live with it because it was fun.

It’s a Marvel win in my book.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

The Disney machine already has Jack at Avengers Campus! They are outdoing Universal again!

sigpic

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

I watched at my best friend’s house for our Halloween get-together, I really liked it. I hope to see more of Jack soon!

Dana
                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

The Director by Night documentary on Disney Plus is less a making of Werewolf by Night than a love letter to all the kids who made Super 8 and home video movies. It's really well done and heartfelt. There are some neat behind-the-scenes moments of course, including the Werewolf in full color.
                  sigpic

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    Marvel just proved they know how to do Universal Horror better than Universal...with a Marvel twist or two, of course.

I absoutely loved this. Better than the Del Toro version of the Wolf Man, too. Best werewolf ANYTHING I've seen in a long time.
                    Agreed, it was fun! I grew up with Universal Monsters (on Saturdays TV on Creature Feature out of Ch. 56 Boston) and with Werewolf By Night in the 70s.

Dana

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      The Disney machine already has Jack at Avengers Campus! They are outdoing Universal again!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fasyc15lsb0
                      Nice!

Dana

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍