X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

FTC New Website... New Prices?

Figures Toy Co. has a nice, shiny new website. Unfortunately, you have to create a new account, so it loses all of your past order information, but I think it's a noticeable improvement.

The other thing that caught my eye was that many of the new figures are "on sale" for $29.99. So the usual price is now the sale price, as the retail price of $39.99 has a strike out. I hope this isn't an omen of an impending price increase. I will say that this is how they have advertised on Facebook for a while, jacking up the price to $39.99, but giving you a deal at "25% Off", bringing the price down to $29.99, or what it was always listed for on the main website.

Their is one silver lining. The boxed DC S-Type figures are also listed the same way for $29.99. They were previously $39.99. I wonder if that was a mistake by the web designer who doesn't know the difference.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

FTC seems determined to price themselves out of business
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

My concern with FTC/CTVT has never been pricing itself, but what one gets for it.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        My concern with FTC/CTVT has never been pricing itself, but what one gets for it.
        well, yeah. You'd think they could up their game for more money.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• danadoll
          Micronaut Nut!
          • Apr 11, 2005

The old classictvtoys dot com website is still active with the old prices, though. I still have my original account on that site.

Dana
          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I've unfortunately stopped ordering entirely from FTC due to the outrageous shipping to Canada. Can no longer justify their prices versus Frank Wojo's. Sucks because I'd order a bunch if the shipping wasn't killer.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

There’s a misprint on the 66 window box Batman figures, they were never $39.99 they started at $19.99 and then went up to $29.99 and now back to $19.99 where I hope they stay at.

I would like to get some more villains and transfer to better bodies like I did with my Joker.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 16, 2014

Why hasn’t FTC made Orion, Mr Miracle and Big Barda yet?
                I ask myself that every time I buy something by them.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎