X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

The Vega Brothers! Oh wait a minute

Jim Jarmusch hasn't done a film in that vein so I guess Quinn won't be able to nick any material!

JG.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

"Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood" is my favorite QT flick for a lot of reasons but mostly for all of the details that are in the background. All of his films have that to some degree, but nothing like OUATIH does. I have spent many hours "unpacking" that movie with a friend of mine these last three years.

I was out of the US when "Reservoir Dogs" came out and missed seeing it in the theater. "Pulp Fiction" came out the summer I came back to the States and I clearly remember walking out of that movie and realizing my movie experience was going to be "what I saw before Pulp Fiction versus what I saw after". It was like nothing I had seen before and QT has been great at never letting me down since.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

One thing that always irks me --- and this is/was my own doing

Met David Carradine at Chiller Theatre

Was actually the second in a very long line to meet him.

In other words he was still FRESH when I got to talk to him.

Instead of BS'ing about his SOON-TO-BE-RELEASED film, Kill Bill … I was more obsessed with Death Race 2000.

Wish I would have given Kill Bill more love back then

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
          One thing that always irks me --- and this is/was my own doing

Met David Carradine at Chiller Theatre

Was actually the second in a very long line to meet him.

In other words he was still FRESH when I got to talk to him.

Instead of BS'ing about his SOON-TO-BE-RELEASED film, Kill Bill … I was more obsessed with Death Race 2000.

Wish I would have given Kill Bill more love back then
          Well, that finally explains what led to the shenanigans in that Bangkok hotel room. Thanks Mikey, for killing Bill.
          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

Once Upon a Time is my fave for sure. Yes it’s a slow burn (though it all contributes to the payoff), but the last quarter is the ultimate in wish-fulfillment. It’s like Inglorious *******s in that respect.

The older I get, the less I like the ultra-violent fare… the real world has plenty these days… but I have to respect Tarantino’s unique story-telling style. He’s like Spielberg and Lucas where that’s concerned. That’s pretty good company.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

I do like a lot of his movies, not all are to my taste exactly, but I like what he does.

The Hateful 8 was pretty cool, and both Kill Bills for sure. He's talked about another doing another Kill Bill in the series.

I liked him as an actor in From Dawn to Dusk, and he was the writer on that.

His interest in making a rated R type Star Trek movie is also intriguing.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Makernaut
                "Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood" is my favorite QT flick for a lot of reasons but mostly for all of the details that are in the background.

His attention for detail is amazing, especially in this scene. The Van de Kamp’s blue neon windmill was such a nice touch.

This YouTube comment just nails it: "How f*cking poetic is this scene. Cliff booth being a stuntman and a good friend of Rick is always seen behind the camera and here too he lives behind a theatre. Tarantino pays attention to such small details. Hats off"
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

^ that's an interesting take on Cliff living behind the Drive-in theater. Makes me wonder if even QT is aware of all of what's in there. Like maybe his subconscious mind is working and expressing things that QT himself is not fully aware of.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

As a Classic Trek fan, would have loved Tarantino's take on Classic Star Trek.

Corbomite Maneuver scenario initial briefing-room discussion …

Steve Buscemi (Mr Scott) …….. "Why are we not nuking this thing as we speak?"

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎