Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What comics were on the stands the month of your birth?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

I might be wrong, but I always thought magazines and comics hit newsstands two months before their officially designated month that's on their covers?
    So, let's say if I want to look up what comics were on newsstands in July (the month I was born), do I look for comics that say September?

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by RonnyG
      I might be wrong, but I always thought magazines and comics hit newsstands two months before their officially designated month that's on their covers?
      So, let's say if I want to look up what comics were on newsstands in July (the month I was born), do I look for comics that say September?
      Mike's sorts them both by on sale date and cover date. So use the on sale date filter on the newsstand to get results for the month you were born, not the cover date filter.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

On the stands in October 1967

*Batgirl vs (green '66-style) Catwoman!

*Mad Monster Party!

*Iconic Deadman!

*Flash races Superman!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

I used the sale date filter for July 1966, and discovered that I actually have 6 comic books in my collection that were on the newsstands the month I was born.

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

Is Samantha trying to traumatize her baby on that cover of Bewitched?

Dana
            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by greensavage2000
              It looks like we were born the same month. My birthday is 2-22 so if you were born after that then I'm older.

I'm reminded of what my dad would say on his birthday when asked how's it feel to be another year older: "it's better than the alternative".
              I was born on the 5th. You are are green-eared pup given the 17-days of grizzled experience I survived.
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by danadoll
                Is Samantha trying to traumatize her baby on that cover of Bewitched?

Dana
                It looks like it, doesn't it. That is one scary clown! LOL Incidentally, that photo is from a second season episode called, "The Dancing Bear." The episode aired in black and white, so its nice to see a still from it in color. In the scene pictured, Samantha makes Tabatha's stuffed toy's dance because it calmed her daughter and made her fall asleep. The stuffed bear's picture got cut off on the far right side.

Comment

• Action Martin
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 30, 2007

January 1967

Actual release date:
                  Fantastic Four #61
                  Flash Gordon #4
                  Man from UNCLE #11

Cover dated:
                  Flash Gordon #3
                  Scott