X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyM
    • Oct 4, 2009

Getting boots onto Trek Mego boot feet

Hey all!

So I got a ton (well, 60) of NuMego Spocks for an awesome price to use as Custom Mego fodder... only to find that they all have the lower "boot leg" that doesn't bend at the ankle. :(

I noticed that the bootfoot is small enough to fit inside a standard Mego/FTC repro boot, probably even with cloth costume covering it, BUT without the ankle joint and bending ability, there's no way tp get the boot ON.

I tried dipping the repro boot in HOT water, but it only worked for a little ways, and I could not get the boots on.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd hate to have to go buy another batch of Custom Mego body fodder.

Heat gun? BOILING water (instead of hot)? Dremeling the heels down to a rounded curve rather than sharp angle?

Thanks for any ideas,
    Andy
    Visit my websites
    www.andymangels.com
    www.WonderWomanMuseum.com
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

i don't think you will be able to get boots on them. maybe, if they are the rubber boots instead of the plastic. but even then probably not without damaging the boot. you might be better off seeing if anyone wants to trade some regular bodies for trek bodies

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      you might be better off seeing if anyone wants to trade some regular bodies for trek bodies
      ^^^^ That's probably the best thing to do in this case... ^^^^^

Are there any lower legs out there in the world that are compatible with the nuMego legs? If so, maybe get some of those and switch out the lower legs?

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

THe only way to get a Trek leg into a Mego boot is to chop off the front of the foot. I don't know if you'd be able to keep enough of the foot to stop the boot from swiveling around on the end of the leg, though. Only thought I have is to tape a small, thin, stiff piece of something where you chopped the foot so that the strip bends down as you slide the boot on, then can be finagled to slide out into the toe of the boot to keep things straight. Never tried that, though.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

Well you could fill the hollow boot a quarter of the way with hot glue and then jab the cut trek boot/foot into it. The glue will cool making a nice custom form fitting seal .

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Heat gun the front of the Trek boot and when it's really soft, shove it in the boot. That should work great!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎