For those without Facebook:

303504547_10161826405363368_1821247155394112643_n.jpg
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • darkmonkeygod
    Career Member
    • Sep 5, 2005

Having not seen all of the Scream movies, whats the significance of the different color masks?

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
      Having not seen all of the Scream movies, whats the significance of the different color masks?
      I don't believe any other colors have showed up in any of the movies (haven't seen the latest one and don't remember every vivid detail from the many sequels) but the masks and the figure themselves are not actually from SCREAM, nor is this a licensed Scream figure.

"Ghostface" which is what the name of the mask is, is owned by Funworld, who designed the mask. The producers behind Scream licensed the mask to use the movie and wanted to use a "real mask" to help ground the film in some realism. It would be a mask that people would have seen on the shelves, etc. The character is often referred to as Ghostface in official Scream merch, etc...

But Funworld owns the mask and name and the costume (I believe they also produced this generic outfit) and thus, you don't have to pay for the license to Scream to make a "Ghostface" figure. And even if you license Scream, you still have to pay Funworld for the mask. So most companies just license from Funworld.

Anyway, long story short, Funworld has cranked out dozens of variations of the Ghostface mask throughout the years... So it makes for easy variants. NECA's figure for example, included quite a few different Ghostface masks.

That said, I'm not sure Mego has done the smart thing here unless these variants are few and far between. 9 out of 10 purchasers just want the classic white "Scream" look.

I fear lots of unsold purple and pink Ghostfaces clogging toy shelves. But we shall see.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

What no yellow, then you could have the Pride Ghostface
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• blastphemey
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 11, 2008

Originally posted by ODBJBG

That said, I'm not sure Mego has done the smart thing here unless these variants are few and far between. 9 out of 10 purchasers just want the classic white "Scream" look.

I fear lots of unsold purple and pink Ghostfaces clogging toy shelves. But we shall see.

So either good custom fodder or they assume they will be an "easily collectible variant"

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
            Career Member
            • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by ODBJBG
            Anyway, long story short, Funworld has cranked out dozens of variations of the Ghostface mask throughout the years... So it makes for easy variants. NECA's figure for example, included quite a few different Ghostface masks.
            Fun to know, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎