Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTU Masterverse 87 movie He-Man and Skeletor.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

MOTU Masterverse 87 movie He-Man and Skeletor.

Neat. Hopefully we will see these in Origins too.

Masters Of The Universe Masterverse Deluxe Movie He-Man And Skeletor Figures Revealed
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

These look nice, but I'm assuming Dolph won't let them use his likeness. He kind of looks more like a muscled Robert Palmer.

Still, pretty cool, and the Skeletor looks great!
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I don't think the S7 movie He-Man head sculpt really looked like Dolph either. It's hard to explain it looked more like the movie He-Man than the Mattel one, to me, but still kind of a generic likeness. But overall I still think these look better. Skeletor is definitely an improvement. The S7 movie figures were also oddly not in scale with the rest of the MOTUC figures and were quite a bit taller. The articulation and range of movement should also be a lot better on the Masterverse versions. You should also be able to head swap the S7 He-Man with the Masterverse one if you really want to. The coloring and detail on the costumes are better on the Mattel figures.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I'm hoping the final release will have Dolph's likeness. He's been turning up in all these commercials lately so who knows?
        I think they look fantastic either way!

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Dolph's likeness can't be all that difficult; he doesn't appear to have any problems with the movie.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
            Dolph's likeness can't be all that difficult; he doesn't appear to have any problems with the movie.
            Earlier in his career he wasn't too fond of the movie but that has changed over the years. He was just at the MOTU comic con panel. Even did the I have the power yell. For whatever reason they just can't seem to get his likeness right.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 30, '22, 3:22 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Earlier in his career he wasn't too fond of the move but that has changed over the years. He was just at the MOTU comic con panel. Even did the I have the power yell. For whatever reason they just can't seem to get his likeness right.
              I don't think they tried with this one at all. He's a distinct-looking man.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Hopefully the likeness will be improved by release. These are still probably quite away off.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I forgot to mention earlier, the MOTU movie rights are a little weird and complicated. Mattel doesn't actually own all the movie designs. Only the ones that got made into figures in the original line like Blade and Gwildor. From what I remember, S7 based their figures on William Stout's production drawings. Not the actual on screen movie designs. Which they didn't have the rights to. That's probably why they had a generic sorta Dolph but not quite Dolph likeness.

Maybe Mattel now has the actual movie rights. Likeness aside, they do look closer to the onscreen costumes. Hopefully the finished figure will look more like Dolph or they will include an additional head with his likeness.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Package art for the MOTU movie figures has been revealed. The art does kind of look like Dolph. I guess it's just a bad head sculpt.

Mattel - 1987 Masters of the Universe He-man and Skeletor Package art for the upcoming Masterverse Figures!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎