X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Top 13 50th Anniversary Megos I'd Like To See

Another article for 13th Dimension. I went for some obvious ones, but threw some curveballs too.

sigpic
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Be nice to see them do a second line of super monsters too. If there was one in the works in the 70s revisit them or do some that would be a better extension than what FTC offered.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

You know, Chris, you're my kind of fan, and it's a good list with great art. Nubia? Yes. Mr. Freeze 1979? Yes! Hawkman? YES!!

I was with you right up until Two-Face. I love Neal Adam's reintroduction of Harvey. Heck I was kind of obsessed with T-F in the '70s, and he was probably my first Mego custom. But Mattel and FTC have done nice versions,and I have a PNGwynne version that Charlie Flatt and I collaborated on.

IMO, what we really need is a nice, green Brainiac.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 30, '22, 5:57 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mejo
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 30, 2022

Nice Baker's Dozen there. Two-Face is a brilliant suggestion--imagine the costume ... imagine the head sculpt!

As far as WW villains go, I think Cheetah would look pretty spiffy.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Would love to see Hawkman and the Atom. They are such staples of my 70's memories in comics and cartoons. They need some Mego love.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

I always thought Mego missed out by not releasing a Lex Luthor figure, but then I thought about all the accessories you'd have to make to fight Superman. I concluded a Braniac would be better.

I would prefer mixing in some of the 70s staples that didn't originally see release like Atom, Black Canary and, yes, Hawkman. On the villain side, that might include Cheetah, Grodd, Grundy and Scarecrow.

Of course... Marvel figures would be... BONK!
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
              Radioactive!
              • Feb 13, 2010

Brainiac would be fantastic!

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Maybe Parasite too.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

I would love to see a Jay Garrack Flash and maybe all the rest of the Justice Society, too. Spectre and Sandman with oven mitt gloves I think would look cool.
                  It's all good!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

th.jpgf31cde6aa18ee01e6f72225b138a6af5.jpg9b3ac350fc57dee59b7bded9d8090948.jpg

I hated when Mego original released the Superman & Wonder Woman 12 inch lineup instead of the 8 inch wave. I missed out on Wonder Woman because they pulled her for Isis. The only figure from Superman wave was a fat Mister Mxyzptlk?! So now is the time to correct this.

Also I know the Super Queens are from Ideal but why hasn't anybody released a Mera in 8 inch size yet?
                    Last edited by monitor_ep; Sep 2, '22, 5:57 AM.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^That's why Mera and Lex made the cut!
                      sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

YES for more Superman villains! Luthor, Brainiac, Parasite, heck, I'll take Terra Man. But staying true to the list and being realistic)...

I'd go with Brainiac over Bizzarro too.

The list is Batman heavy, so instead of Two Face, I would give Aquaman a villain with Black Manta. I'd really like an Ocean Master, which is possible to do in budget, I guess.

I am not a big Sgt. Rock fan, so give me a Heatwave instead. The Top would be cool as well. Dr. Alchemy would be cool, but maybe not realistic.

Nubia would be cool, but at the expensive of...? I thought Jonah Hex because I am not a huge fan, but he would pretty cool as a Mego figure. Maybe Poison Ivy, but she has name recognition right now and her FTC figures are bad, so I would love a good one.

Black Lightning is my #1 want!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Just FYI, I picked Bizarro over Brainiac because frugal Mego would have tons of Superman suits lying around. It was kind of a no-brainer, then and now, yet we still don't have a real Mego one. I'd love to see old pink-suited, shorty-shorts Brainiac too.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Atomikhammer
                            • Nov 20, 2012

Another must for Black Lightning, his 70's costume is the awesome.
                            The three main Legion members....I mean we need them all but this would be a start
                            Adam Strange

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^Adam Strange ALMOST made my list. It's honestly why I picked the Showcase/Hawkman cover with him on it. He would make for an awesome Mego. He has to have the jet pack!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎