Thread: Painting Resin Heads

Painting Resin Heads

To make a long story short, I am watching a custom unpainted resin head on ebay, and I plan on putting it on a CTVT Type S body, itís for a Star Trek custom I have been wanting to do for a long time and now I have finally found a custom of the characters head.

The problem is my painting skills are minimal at best, I can do touch ups, but thatís about it, I wanted to find someone here on the museum or maybe get referred to someone who professionally paints custom resin heads.

If anyone can help me out by either painting themselves or referring me to someone who specializes in painting custom resin heads, it would be very much appreciated.

This is a custom I very much would like to do before finishing up for good (retiring) from customs at the end of the year, I have someone who can make the clothes and I already have the accessories, I just need to find someone who can do the head painting.

Thank you for any help.

Ask Boss. He paints heads and sells them. He does an awesome job.

You might have to sand down the head peg too. Every resin head I've gotten off ebay so far has had to be dremeled a bit to actually fit the type S hole.
    Wanted:

CTVT Brown leather jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    Ask Boss. He paints heads and sells them. He does an awesome job.
    Hey Lonnie thanks for letting me know appreciate it.

New here first post. Been "customizing " since before I new it, late 1970's. I build models and paint miniatures. YouTube how to paint Space Marines. Watch the ones that Citadel Miniatures put out. They make painting simple. And they'll sell you an overpriced paint set with everything you will need. Makes things more fun. Also Scale Modelers magazine has good yet advanced tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    New here first post. Been "customizing " since before I new it, late 1970's. I build models and paint miniatures. YouTube how to paint Space Marines. Watch the ones that Citadel Miniatures put out. They make painting simple. And they'll sell you an overpriced paint set with everything you will need. Makes things more fun. Also Scale Modelers magazine has good yet advanced tutorials.
    Welcome to the museum!