X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Painting Resin Heads

To make a long story short, I am watching a custom unpainted resin head on ebay, and I plan on putting it on a CTVT Type S body, it’s for a Star Trek custom I have been wanting to do for a long time and now I have finally found a custom of the characters head.

The problem is my painting skills are minimal at best, I can do touch ups, but that’s about it, I wanted to find someone here on the museum or maybe get referred to someone who professionally paints custom resin heads.

If anyone can help me out by either painting themselves or referring me to someone who specializes in painting custom resin heads, it would be very much appreciated.

This is a custom I very much would like to do before finishing up for good (retiring) from customs at the end of the year, I have someone who can make the clothes and I already have the accessories, I just need to find someone who can do the head painting.

Thank you for any help.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Ask Boss. He paints heads and sells them. He does an awesome job.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2019

You might have to sand down the head peg too. Every resin head I've gotten off ebay so far has had to be dremeled a bit to actually fit the type S hole.
      Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        Ask Boss. He paints heads and sells them. He does an awesome job.
        Hey Lonnie thanks for letting me know appreciate it.

Comment

• Ethan
          • Sep 17, 2022

New here first post. Been "customizing " since before I new it, late 1970's. I build models and paint miniatures. YouTube how to paint Space Marines. Watch the ones that Citadel Miniatures put out. They make painting simple. And they'll sell you an overpriced paint set with everything you will need. Makes things more fun. Also Scale Modelers magazine has good yet advanced tutorials.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Ethan
            New here first post. Been "customizing " since before I new it, late 1970's. I build models and paint miniatures. YouTube how to paint Space Marines. Watch the ones that Citadel Miniatures put out. They make painting simple. And they'll sell you an overpriced paint set with everything you will need. Makes things more fun. Also Scale Modelers magazine has good yet advanced tutorials.
            Welcome to the museum!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎