X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Could you do The Angel's Landing hike?

I think I would if I ever was in Zion national park in Utah.
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Looks beautiful but also quite crowded. I'd probably hike a less popular route to avoid the crowd.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Colorful scenery reminds me of one of them old paint-by-numbers sets

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

First off, what a gorgeous grail. Beautiful scenery.

I’m into long hikes now. But would I try that one? Probably not, lol. I’m pretty afraid of heights. However, it’s not as nerve wracking as hiking up Half Dome in Yosemite park. Half Dome's final 400-foot ascent heads up bare granite inclined between 45 and 60 degrees. The hell with that!

I’ve hiked at Yosemite many times, but will never attempt going up Half Dome (17 miles round trip hike). I tend to hike by the Valley. Going up Yosemite’s Fall trail can be a big pretty nerve-wracking in one stretch, but nothing remotely like Half Dome.

Angels Landing, rising 1,488 feet from the canyon floor, whereas Half Dome, towers nearly one vertical mile (4,800 feet). That’s the drop, but the actual elevation is 8,846 feet above sea level. You need a permit for that hike.

It doesn’t matter, both would kill you in a fall anyway, lol.

Again, what gorgeous Angel’s Landing scenery is. Thanks for posting the video.
        sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

I would ride my skateboard through, pulling off a badarse kickfli... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Hector
            First off, what a gorgeous grail. Beautiful scenery.

I’m into long hikes now. But would I try that one? Probably not, lol. I’m pretty afraid of heights. However, it’s not as nerve wracking as hiking up Half Dome in Yosemite park. Half Dome's final 400-foot ascent heads up bare granite inclined between 45 and 60 degrees. The hell with that!

I’ve hiked at Yosemite many times, but will never attempt going up Half Dome (17 miles round trip hike). I tend to hike by the Valley. Going up Yosemite’s Fall trail can be a big pretty nerve-wracking in one stretch, but nothing remotely like Half Dome.

Angels Landing, rising 1,488 feet from the canyon floor, whereas Half Dome, towers nearly one vertical mile (4,800 feet). That’s the drop, but the actual elevation is 8,846 feet above sea level. You need a permit for that hike.

It doesn’t matter, both would kill you in a fall anyway, lol.

Again, what gorgeous Angel’s Landing scenery is. Thanks for posting the video.
            I believe the half Dome trail requires a permit. That limits the number of people climbing at a certain day and gets raid of impulsive climbers (since it has to be done days or weeks ahead of time)

My friend that did that trail, it basically warns if you have health conditions than do not hike this trail and it shows a picture of a fat stick figure.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
              I believe the half Dome trail requires a permit. That limits the number of people climbing at a certain day and gets raid of impulsive climbers (since it has to be done days or weeks ahead of time)

My friend that did that trail, it basically warns if you have health conditions than do not hike this trail and it shows a picture of a fat stick figure.

I did mention that a permit is needed. I will never remotely apply for one…HELL NO!!!!!

They say coming down is actually way scarier. I believe that…

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

These people are nuts…

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

This dude is gingerly descending ever so slowly…and he has extra safety biners to boot…

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎