X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluebird
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2, 2011

Original or repro

Hi all bought these 5 figures from a car boot sale here in the UK, they all stamped mego 1974 on their backs, the seller said they are all Star Trek, but I cant find 3 of them, any help much appreciated20220828_131537.jpg20220828_131540.jpg20220828_131543.jpg
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Left to right: Star Trek Mr. Scott (Scotty), Space 1999: Capt, Zantor--Palitoy, Space: 1999 Alan Carter-Palitoy, Space:1999: Commander Koenig--Palitoy, Star Trek: Dr. McCoy (Bones).

The Mego Museum galleries has details on each of these figures.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• bluebird
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2, 2011

are they original please

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

they look original to me. pretty clean too

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

Same - all original, and my congratulations on scoring those figures, especially the Space: 1999 ones! Very nice additions to your collection!
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            they look original to me. pretty clean too
            I agree, and there's no Koenig repro that I know of.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

correct. and the CTVT Zantor looks quite different from what i recall

Comment

• Mejo
                Museum Patron
                • Jun 30, 2022

I had no idea there were Mego Space:1999 figures, let alone two waves of them! Growing up my older brother had the larger, clunkier, and distinctly un-poseable Mattel doll. The Mego figures look really good.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Just on UK-only Palitoy wave IIRC: Koenig, Carter, Paul Morrow, Zantor, & Mysterious Alien.

I love the Paul Morrow sculpt, have used it for a few customs, and the Mego Koenig sculpt is excellent.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 28, '22, 6:12 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Mejo
                    I had no idea there were Mego Space:1999 figures, let alone two waves of them! Growing up my older brother had the larger, clunkier, and distinctly un-poseable Mattel doll. The Mego figures look really good.
                    The Mego/Palitoy figures were some of the best they did, IMHO. too bad they could not get the license in the states. CTVT did the line and really expanded the characters, but no Koenig, and they were cheaply made on their early bodies from India

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

As others have noted, they look original.

It's so cool to still be able to find Megos in the wild in the internet age!
                      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎